Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Trim inspiration (trimspiration)

I like Parenthood (the show). I'm especially in love with Adam and Kristina Braverman's craftsman home, and I've been trying to enlarge pictures of their trim (scroll down) on my computer screen so I can copy it. heh heh.

I also came across a beautiful house here in my town that was recently on the market. Gorgeous craftsman detail.

Here is the link from Hooked on Houses to see the rest of that beauty.

I played around with three different styles of trim, and this is what I came up with:

DSC_0268

Simple, too much of an overhang, but not enough like my dream trim. I love the style, but wanted it to look more like the Braverman's house. Sigh.

DSC_0269

Getting closer, but too chopped off at the ends. Too bad it didn't satisfy me, because it would have been fewer cuts than the style I ultimately chose, which is this:

DSC_0304

The cove molding near the top makes it more work because of the miter cuts, but it's worth it, I think.

4 comments:

C o w R o a d said...

Love what you ended up with! :-)

Joanna said...

Thanks Marjan!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Parenthood is a fab series...Not sure there will be any more though :o(

I love the idea of mixing different trim to get the effect you are after...great idea!

Joanna said...

wha??? is parenthood done? NOOOOO!