Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Mirror

The bathroom mirror is a wall to wall mirror attached by a couple of mirror clips. I thought it needed a little dressing up.


I framed it out with some MDF. I had to cut some notches to make room for the clips on the top (sorry, no pictures of that), and then I glued the frame onto the mirror with gorilla glue. Is that how it's done? I don't know, but that's how I did it. The mirror and the frame are now one.


I painted it black so that it would match the newly painted cabinet below. However, I forgot the little detail about the backside of the frame reflecting in the mirror. Oops.


No worries. I have lots of cove molding hanging around from the door trim. So I painted up a few front AND back and trimmed out the frame.


Ahhhh. Better. I still need to do a little touch up paint, but I'm calling this mirror done.

frame closeup

1 comment:

C o w R o a d said...

That is a most excellent idea Joanna! We have a mirror exactly like yours, that could certainly do with such a lovely treatment! I'll get the hubbie right to it! ;-)