Monday, September 10, 2012

I Miss Summer

It's the second week of school, and I'm still homesick for summer. I miss our days at the yurt where the pace is slower and casual, where you can wake up with the sun and feel inner calm. If there's one thing I detest about the school year, it's that school starts so early in the day. From the second you wake up, there's rushing through breakfast, rushing through getting dressed, rushing out the door in a race to beat the school bell. Not my favorite. Not what I want for my kids. Argh.

At the yurt, there's sleeping in.

There's basketball while you're waiting for breakfast.
002


There's time for goofing around during breakfast.
007

There's poker in your pajamas.
003

Dishes are washed by hand, outside, and left to dry in the sun.
008

There's plenty of work to be done.

016

021

And when you need a break, you go down to the beach and find some friends. 034

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I guess you could homeschool! :-) The yurt looks like a wonderful place to spend summer days!

Zoe said...

Agree with Alisa-I home school (or home educate as we say in the UK) and life is much less stressy than when the children were at school. Now we are rubbish with early starts though :(
The yurt is looking FAB-Love it!

Pamela said...

Oh, how I hear you!! My exact thoughts. Do you own the yurt? My parents have one in their backyard... in fact, I lived there while going to college! :)

Chara Michele said...

Oh my goodness, you opened comments back up! Yay! :) I am still jealous of your yurt, it looks so fun & so summery :) Hope you are adjusting to the school year! :)