Friday, September 07, 2012

Posing

005

Hey! So now that the kids are in school I finally have some time on my hands to devote to getting this old bod back in shape. I'm doing the Couch to 5K training program. This is the one I'm using. The thing I love about it is that it doesn't focus on distance. It's all time based. My day one workout was "walk for 5 minutes, run for 2 minutes, walk for 5 minutes." Not too daunting, right?--even for someone like me who has allowed herself to get out of shape for the last 5 years. Even though I had some energy left after that workout, I said to myself, "Self, that is all the program called for, so that is all you need to do." Day two said to relax. So even though I felt like working out, I chose not to, because the program forbids it. See? I love this program. So anyway, I'm now on day four, and the program said that I'm to relax, so I did. I went shopping and got myself some gear, because, what's the point of running if you can't look cute doing it, right? Of course none of these clothes match my running shoes, so I had order some that match.

Another runnerly thing I did was to buy some black nail polish. I understand women runners like to camouflage beaten-up post-race toes by making all of them look bruised.

I'm such a poser/poseur.

010

Look at my fake bruised toes cute dog!

2 comments:

Make It Happen Mama said...

I didn't know that about runners & their toes! As a dancer, I know that we like to show off our battered toes w/pretty pink or red girly toenails :-)

C o w R o a d said...

Haha, I've never heard that said about runners toes either! Mine are teal and I like it that way... ;-) Hopefully they won't get too battered with all this crazy running...