Tuesday, August 07, 2012



Deciding on finishes for the kitchen hasn't been too painful. Hubby and I tend to make up our minds pretty quickly about what we like and what we don't. We're pretty easy-going folks. If he doesn't like something, but I do, I'll back off...and he does the same for me. Whatever we end up with we both have to like.

There's been a lot of this:

"Hey, what do you think of this?"
"I don't like it because of blah blah blah..."
"Yeah, you're right."

and this:

"What about this?"
"I love it!"
"Me too. Let's get it."


The perimeter of the kitchen and desk area will be black leathered granite and the island will be kashmir white. We found a white that has lots of dark grey veining to pull out the black of the perimeter. We're tying it all together with a grey backsplash. That thin sliver of grey is the grout. The cabs are getting painted a pale grey/off white, and the knobs will be getting switched out to stainless pulls. 

The grownups in the family are happy about how the kitchen is coming along.  The kids are having a harder time with the change :(