Thursday, July 12, 2012

Buh bye kitchen

Our kitchen table is surrounded by chairs that are slowly falling apart one by one.  I guess that's what you get when you buy the cheapest chairs money can buy.  Granted, we're pretty rough on our furniture--there's plenty of tipping, tripping, and all manner of bad manners when we eat.  Anyway, two of our chairs bit the dust, so I made a bench to take their place.

234

232

Since I was already taking pictures in the kitchen, I decided to go ahead and take pictures of the whole kitchen because we've decided that we are going to give it a facelift. We like the layout. It's in pretty good shape, but the countertops (white tile with white grout) are driving me insane. I've decided I'm done with bleaching it with a toothbrush. It's gotta go. The other thing that's gotta go is the stupid microwave that doesn't have a revolving plate. Goodbye burning hot meatballs next to freezing cold meatballs fresh out of the microwave! Ta ta! I won't miss you! Good riddance you loud, obnoxious refrigerator with the broken water dispenser. I won't miss you either!  Sigh.  I must sound ungrateful.  This kitchen has served us well, but it's just time. 

I mentioned to a friend that we're redoing our kitchen and she wanted to know who the general contractor is. Bwa ha ha! Why, that'd be me. That's why this project is probably going to take a while. I'll update when there's news, but I'm afeared the news will be slow in coming.

227

223

228