Saturday, September 10, 2011

Yurt--the loft

It's been a while since I've posted about progress on the yurt. Since I last left off, there have been a few more improvements.

For starters, the awning was installed. Yay for keeping dry while finding the right key!
023

A few weekends ago, we camped out in the yurt and figured out where we wanted the bedrooms/kitchen/loft to be positioned. We placed painter's tape on the floor and the next weekend when we went out, it was magical to see it go from this:

029

to this:
069

068

072

071

The loft is freestanding, so it's not attached to the yurt walls. The rooms are tiny-- just enough space for a bed and room to change clothes. We wanted to maximize the living areas and keep the bedrooms cozy (like a nest).

073

We brought a couple of pieces of furniture with us and our little helpers assembled away.
079

109

110

As we speak, I have primer and paint all over my hands and in my hair. I'm working on the yurt kitchen in my garage. I can't wait to see how THAT turns out!