Friday, July 22, 2011

The Armoire


I finished my project last night and couldn't be happier. This little armoire was built using two wall cabinets that we had to remove from our laundry room when the stackable washer and dryer were installed. These cabinets sat in the garage for the longest time before I figured out what to do with them.

The carpentry part of it wasn't really that extensive. I had to put feet on the bottom cabinet to lift it off the ground so the doors would open. Then between the upper and lower cabinets, I used square dowels to make a spacer (so the top doors would be able to open). Then it looked funny because the armoire ended at the top of the doors, so I added another spacer, a wood top and some cove molding to make it look a little more substantial. I painted it all red and applied some antiquing glaze and voila, I've got a little red partaaay happening in my craft room.