Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Closet: The Floor

You may have noticed the boxes of cedar tongue & groove closet liner in my last post. I wanted to install wood floors and paint them. I had only three requirements: 1) they had to be tongue & groove and 2) they had to be inexpensive 3) they had to be unfinished. I didn't care if they were thin or had knots or cracks. All of that adds to the rustic look I am going for, and a closet isn't going to get a ton of foot traffic anyway. I had considered the unfinished utility flooring at Lumber Liquidators, but didn't want to drive across the bridge for 24 square feet of wood, so I decided to go for the closet liner.




So far so good. I'm really loving the power tools. Piecing a wood floor and piecing a quilt are really not that different. Measure twice, cut once, count to make sure all your fingers are still attached. :)

I'm taking a little break from the closet to celebrate my birthday. YAY for me! I should applique my age on a T-shirt and wear it around.