Monday, June 07, 2010

On Breath Holding

I've noticed lately that I hold my breath when I sew with leather. It's scary in a way that fabric isn't. One needle poke in the wrong spot, and the whole piece is ruined--which is a pity, b/c leather ain't cheap. As far as I know they don't make leather spackle, do they?

strap attachment

I made another biscuit bag for the shop. There was a bit of breath holding with this one, but it came out just right. This one is in an earthy shade of cactus green. I love earth tones. A lot. Bright vibrant colors look good on a blog, but in real life, I'm a grey, black, brown, dusty green wearing girl.

Now this girl is going to plop herself in front of the TV and catch up on old Dunder Mifflin episodes.


Bevy said...

Your colors are so me - in real life, too.

Good job, of catching your breath... and ours. You do such amazing work.

Keep it up!!

Stuart and Kimber said...

Hi! I stopped by to get your shoe pattern and saw your comment so I stopped and looked around. All of your things are darling! Love the green leather.

I'll probably be back...thanks for the invite! (and all the great patterns!!)

Joanna said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments, ladies! xoxo