Monday, May 31, 2010

Where is This?

I thought it fitting this memorial day to post pictures of a fort we went to recently. Bonus points if you can name it.

6/1 around lunchtime--Here's a clue: it's in the midwest.
6/1 around dinnertime: another clue--it's in OHIO.
6/1 around bedtime: no more clues, it's Fort Meigs. The day we went it was closed, but the doors were wide open so we went in anyway and had the whole place to ourselves. Fantastic. I love old places and old forts and good photo ops. Thanks for playing along! :)







Beth said...

Guessing you are at Ft. Necessity - went all the time as a very young girl when we lived in Masontown, PA - near Uniontown. Was nearby this past weekend to visit with my husband's family - near Mt. Pleasant. I'm thinking this b/c it looks a bit familiar and b/c of your cabin post! (2nd guess - Ft. Ligonier - closer to where we moved to when I was 11.)

Ahavajora (at gmail) said...

Looks a bit like Ft Vancouver, but it's been a long time since I went there. ^_^

Joanna said...

good guesses, all of them. but, no. heh, heh.

Sandi said...

It looks like Valley Forge to me.

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Midwest, eh? That leaves out Gettysburg, Antietam and the Boston Harbor!!

How about Lincoln's cabin in Illinois.....

Kitten said...

I don't think it is Valley Forge. The forts in Valley Forge seem much more rustic (ie, unfinished)!

craftapple said...

I like that fort! It would be a great backdrop for all kinds of pictures. Fun!