Wednesday, May 26, 2010

potholder pass

front

back

The deadline for the potholder pass is coming up pretty quickly. These are for my special someone. I hope she likes them. I would like them if someone made them for me. But since I made them for someone else, I'm not liking them so much. It irks me that they are not the same size. I trimmed one down and told myself I'd remember to trim the other one down too, but since it was, like, 11:30 at night, and I was tired, did I remember? NO. Grrr. I hope she doesn't think any less of me. Sigh. I feel like this every time I do a swap, which is perhaps why I do so few of them.

world's best candy

On a completely unrelated note, stare at this picture and etch the image of this bag into your mind for the next time you are at the Asian food store. This is simply the best candy ever. Hands down. My sis introduced me to it. I blame her for my big bottom.

12 comments:

Amy said...

Your potholders look great. They make me smile and I bet your partner will too. The materials and so fun and cheery. This is seriously the nicest group of ladies you will ever meet--don't fret for a minute! Thanks for joining!

Aunt LoLo said...

Mmm...milk candy. :-)

The potholders look great!!! And different sizes are PERFECT - the smaller for lifting hot pot lids, and the larger for holding hot pot handles!

Kitten said...

Oh Lord! Is that the cow candy that tastes quite like cheese? I think it might be. Our small office got a bag and we were SHARPLY divided over whether we hated or loved them.

Joanna said...

Like cheese? Ewww. Well, I guess that would depend on what KIND of cheese it was supposed to taste like. ha ha!

These taste like condensed milk with the texture of a soft caramel.

Sarah said...

YOU are SO hard on yourself. These holders are LOVELY! I cannot phantom why a different size would bother someone - I was so taken back at how lovely they are and the great fabric!

Lynda Halliger-Otvos said...

Absolutely adorable potholders-I would love to have them!! Be nice to you; life is short!

craftapple said...

Yummy cow candies. I can't get them here. Hint hint.

Victoria Rose said...

hi
I was wondering if you could tell me what the make of the red and blue polks dot fabric is? i have so many types of polka dot fabric but i prefer the ramdom dots to the more uniform ones.
By the way, I love the pot holders, thay are really lovely!
<3

Joanna said...

Thanks, VR--those are Michael Miller pin dots.

Robyn said...

Is there a pattern or a tutorial for these adorable potholders? I love them!

Amber said...

Are those moo candies soft and chewy like a tootsie roll? If not, are they related to those candies I just described...because those are my favorite...including rice paper wrap and all. YUMMY! :)

Heide Ho! said...

have you ever had white rabbit??? One of my favorite asian candies!