Wednesday, March 17, 2010


"So," I said to myself, "I'm going to make five things to put in my etsy shop before I open up for business."

"Hmmm. I wonder how etsy works? Maybe I'll just upload a couple of items just to see if I can do it."

A few days later: "Whoa! Something sold! Now I only have one thing in my etsy shop. I guess I need to make 4 more things before I can open my shop." Sigh.



I'm tempted to announce my shop even though there's only one item in it, but I think I'll hold off. Afterall, I still have a button to make for my sidebar. And 4 more things to sew up. Why do I do this to myself? I seriously have no idea how people who update their shops with a big huge inventory do it. No idea.


Aunt LoLo said...

When you do figure it out, let me know, m'kay? My shop is currently...empty. Things didn't sell, their four month period passed...and I didn't renew. Because I'm moving in 10 weeks, and just don't have the energy to do it right right now! LOL

And, umm...if your stuff sold? You've got an official shop. You just haven't let us look at it yet. HAHAHAHA.

Mijk said...

Joanna come one I don't have time to stalk etsy for the entire evening just because you don't want to give me the adress..

Bevy said...

Congratulations on your first sale!! That is good news and definately something to be excited about.

I've learned not to stress about getting SOOOO many items in there. If people like your stuff - they'll wait and it's in the waiting that the anticipation for your buyers- continues to build.

They say to not post everything all at once anyway. An item every other day is great - you get noticed it bit more that way. (Just stuff I've learned -I've only been on since October and have had only 15 sales. I'm happy! and pleasantly surprised.)

Oiyi said...

I can't wait to see your Etsy Shop. I feel the same way. I can only manage to put a few items at a time on my Etsy Shop.

EvaBabeDesigns said...

I only have 3 items listed here in my Etsy shop:

I'm hoping I'll sell something and then I'll post more items. Good luck with your shop!

Delia said...

Thank you for the honesty and reality. I don't know how those women do it either.

Ruhammie said...

I don't put too much time or effort into my Etsy shop, but because so, I only have a few items and very few sales. If you "tested" it and something sold, you probably have a great product that people will want and will keep coming back to look for more. In that case, list items as you make them...piece o' cake!

Shoua said...

I know what you mean! I guess we could always use our children as excuses... i know it's true for me! I love your crafts, so talented!

perdoozy said...

you don't have to have a million things in there! if you have one item, just list the others as you get them made... you should try to "renew" one item per day to stay at the top of the listings though. i never can manage to get more than 15 aprons in my shop at once, and i have sold over 1100 aprons! if you have a great product, even if you only have ONE, someone is going to buy it!
good luck to you!

Sarah said...

that is so cool you sold something before you even opened! Yes I agree - it is open.

GO on launch it with one item!

Beccalynn said...

Ha ha! I'm waiting to open an Etsy shop til I have 20 things! Maybe I should lower my standards :-D