Friday, March 12, 2010

Gorgeousness

I attend knit night every other week or so, but I don't blog much about my knitting. That's because it consists mostly of dishcloths and other boring unblogworthy objects. I was thinking to myself that I should just invest in some beautiful yarn and that might provide enough inspiration to knit something pretty for myself.
yarn from keri
Well, look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday: a gorgeous, luscious handspun b-day present from my generous bloggy friend Keri. She knits the most amazing stuff, and it's wonderful to be able to see firsthand that she also spins the most amazing stuff too. I CANNOT wait to knit with this.

Knitter or not, everyone should have a skein of this, if for no other reason than because it makes for great picture-taking practice. :)

close1

close

You can get some for yourself here.

10 comments:

caitlyn said...

It's beautiful -- what a lovely gift! Keri is super talented.

mylittlenoopy said...

I love this! I miss my spinning wheel!

quinn said...

Lovely handspun! Just added kmckiernan to my "favorite sellers."

amber said...

It sure is gorgeous! What a lucky person to have a friend to send you something so great as this. I'm hopping over...then saving to hopefully get some of my own. Thanks for linking us to get some for ourselves! :)

Ally said...

ooo knit night!! I'm looking for one of those...I know you are somewhere in Seattle, is there a group somewhere to join?

Beccalynn said...

I really wish I could knit more than 2 dimensional things! But knitting seems so daunting and complicated to me... A friend of mine just knit me the most ADORABLE wool diaper cover and I've decided that I MUST learn how to make my own!

angharad handmade said...

Beautiful yarn! Have you decided what you're going to knit with it yet?

Jean said...

The colors of the yarn are wonderful! I can see why you are anxious to start. I don't knit/crochet but I do appreciate those that have that talent!
Enjoy! Hope that the person bugging you gets the hint!

keri said...

hooray! I'm so glad that you love it! =)

Joy said...

I love your boys' room! So creative and colorful, but united in every way! I featured you on my blog today, joy2sew...for a pair of the baby shoes....I'm the one that made the awesome looking adult pairs too ; )! Thanks for continuing to be an inspiration! I'm looking forward to trying out your bean bag tutorial next!