Sunday, March 07, 2010

A Good Find

My sister has come and gone. She's wonderful to have around...she's a lot of fun, makes herself useful, and always has interesting things to talk about. I like where I live, but I dislike being so far away from my family :(.
***
I have a few more touches to add to the boys' bedroom before I post any photos. We painted it in pretty quick time, but progress was slowed down due to a sickie boy who needed to stay home instead of going to IKEA. Ah well...
***
But anyway, I wanted to pop by to tell you about a great discovery. I needed a new pair of fabric scissors--my good ones always seem to be messed up by people who quick grab whatever scissors are nearby to cut cardboard, paper, string, you-name-it. So, when I was at my grocery store I picked these up for around ten dollars. How can a person go wrong when the scissors claim to be able to cut through 18 layers of denim? Right? Check this out:

amazing scissors

24 layers of fabric. No sweat.

12 comments:

Paula said...

holy crap! that is a lot of fabric. No plug for the scissors? What kind are they? I want some!

I did find that mine were easily sharpened with a fiskars sharpener I picked up at Joann. Now I have 3 pairs of sewing scissors.

Bevy said...

Wow!!! that's really amazing...

Max California said...

OH WOW! WOW WOW WOW!

What brand are they?

K. Anne said...

I'd love to know the brand name too. Funny, one would never think that scissors purchased at the grocer's would work that well!

dailythread said...

From the grocery store? That's crazy! I want to know what brand, too...? Glad you and Lindiepindie had fun!

Joanna said...

They're singer professional series. Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Singer-Professional-Scissors-Heavy-00561/dp/B002PQEZ3K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1268065226&sr=8-3

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh, I've been looking for new scissors!

Right now, the best scissors I own...are from IKEA. They are the "big ones" from a set of three. The whole set was around $10, but they cut neater than my other scissors!! Funny.

EvaBabeDesigns said...

Wow the price is right for this kind of cutting power. Thanks for the post! I'll to get myself a pair for mother's day! ;)

Brittany Collier said...

Wow those look great but are they in it for the long haul? Keep us posted on how they do over time.

clare's craftroom said...

Gee I hope you really needed to cut that fabric though , lol !! Great scissors !

Simple. Inspired. Homemade said...

Thats awesome, I love the sound of fabric being cut! Great find!!!
www.simpleinspiredhomemade.blogspot.com

jayna23 said...

Yackety yack - that's how my sister is too, but she's so much fun to be around!