Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Boys' Room (a work in progress)

bed 1

bed 2

bed 3

science table

Three boys, three beds, one room. I love me some happy matching comforters. Even when the beds are unmade, they still look acceptable.

The dressers were crowding the space, so they had to go. They're in another bedroom--now called the dressing room. I wish I'd done this ages ago. The dressing room is pure genius for getting clothes put away quickly. That room will be the next makeover. When, I don't know. Maybe I'll save it for the next time my sis comes over to help me.

11 comments:

Suzanne Jeanette said...

I love the color scheme! Bright and cheery, and very BOY. I am new to your blog, love it! Thanks for sharing!

greetingarts said...

Great colors, that blue is fabulous!

Sew Bee It said...

Such a great room! Very boy, without being cliche! Fab:)

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Where did you find such awesome comforters? And I love the book bags....did you make those too?

dailythread said...

How smart! I love the colors!

Olivia Jean said...

Much more colorful!! And Scientific :D

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I like the sleeping and dressing room idea. I have twin boys that each have their own room, but still like to sleep together...thanks!

Joanna said...

Thanks, ladies! Anonymous--the comforters are from IKEA. I made the book bag a long time ago--it used to hang on a crib. But the colors matched, so I kept it in here.

craftapple said...

It looks so good with the bedding! Glad I could help!

Melissa said...

Love love love the room Jo!!! Very inspiring. Love those beds, and the book bag on the bed--what a totally awesome idea! Must copy. =)

Laura said...

I love the idea of a book bag.. I ll just have to remember to make one if one day i have grandchildren! your room looks just fantastic.. its a breath of fresh air!