Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lame

up the tree
I spent some time this morning looking over my last few posts, and realized that it's been a really long time since I've posted any sewing/crafty things. Well, there is a good reason for this: I've been suffering from a rotator cuff injury. When I've finished a day of just being a mommy and doing all of my mommy/keeping house duties, when the kids are in bed and it's finally MY time, my arm feels like it's hanging like a dead weight. Seriously ouchie. I've been dealing with this off and on since I had my first baby eight years ago (repetitive lifting movements, I presume). Wow, right? It was easy to ignore, because I'd have a flare up maybe twice a year at first. I'd do my little exercises and in a couple of weeks I'd be back to normal. Now, though, the flare ups seem to be occuring every month or two and lasting longer. And because I'm compensating for the hurt muscles, I now have pain going down my back and down my arm. Sigh. I don't want to live like this. So, I'm going to start physical therapy and am hoping for the best. This is my birthday month, you know. I'm starting a new decade and am not ready to enter the old lady mode of thinking. I don't want to be the person who alway complains about her physical ailments. I'm going to fight to keep my youth. Do you hear me? I'm going to fight! Go Fight Win! That's me.

Oops, sorry, got off track. Where was I? Oh, yes, the title of this post is "lame." OK, stay focused, Joanna. Lame. So, yeah, I have a lame arm so I haven't been sewing much. But I have a crafty blog, so that's a problem, right? Oh, but I have a nice camera, so I can shift the focus of my blog a little and document my life a little more. But I can't do that because, due to some recent upgrading my hubby did on our computer (bless his heart--he is awesome), I now find myself without photoshop, and I can't stinkin' find the CD. Lame again.

I just made coffee and realized I'm out of half and half. Sigh. Lame again.

I'm not running on all my pistons lately, apparently....

p.s. As of this post, I'm now turning comments back on.

16 comments:

Little Ol' Liz said...

When I hit a new personal low (on a semi-weekly basis), I opt to wallow in chocolate.

I highly recommend it. The chocolate, not the other thing.

Joanna said...

funny you should say that Liz--I'm eating a piece of chocolate as we speak. tee hee!

chedva said...

hope you feel better real soon, i love your blog.

Joanna said...

Thank you, Chedva! :)

Olivia Jean said...

Oh...I love when you turn the comments on ;)

and I am sure if you fight fight fight...you will win win win!!

gooooo Joanna!

Karina said...

Yeah, love comments! I ve been reading your blog for a while now...
Hope you feel better soon, and go back to your sewing!
K

caitlyn said...

Yay for comments!
I hope the PT helps and that your arm feels better soon.
Chocolate is always good. :)

Joanna said...

Thanks for the cheer, Olivia Jean. Hmmmm. I wonder if I have it in me to do a herkey?

Thanks Karina and Caitlyn!

ircabbit said...

Glad to have comments back. :) It seems like I very frequently want to say something to you about your posts.

Today that is....
Please take care of your arm! I had an ankle injury last year and I didn't take care of it properly, so it turned into Osteoarthritis. I'm 26 and my doctor said my ankle looks like it belongs on a 70 year old. (Inside, of course) It turns out the joint was out of whack. Because I just went on with my daily activities even though it hurt, I did damage to the cartilage between the joints, which doesn't grow back. Now I have to be very careful not to aggravate it because each flareup causes additional damage.

So anyway, good luck with your arm! I didn't mean to be scary, but I want you to do whatever you can to get it better.

craftapple said...

You're so lame. I bet you think this comments about you. You're so lame...

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :o) It's good you're getting it taken care of. Better that then waiting until more stuff starts falling apart!

I want your snap press, by the way.

Jenny said...

Just so you know... I love your blog.

Joanna said...

ircabbit--thanks for your comment. now that you've said that, i'm more eager than ever to set up my appointments. i hope you're not in any pain! :(

linda, i know, i'm a lame brain. and vain, too. can't be helped.

hi jenny! thanks for your sweet note! xoxoxo

stephanie said...

I love, love, love your blog. (It's nice to get to leave a comment!) I hope your arm gets better...it's always fun to see what you have been working on.

Joanna said...

Thanks Stephanie :)

dailythread said...

YAY! (Not about the rotator cuff, about the comments.)

Maureen said...

I can empathise somewhat as I've had carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists/hands and the feeling of having no feeling is not very nice!