Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Gift of Time

a pretty pile
Silly me...saying I'd have an etsy shop ready to go by my birthday. First of all, what a ridiculous proclamation to make right before what somehow turned out to be the most busy week ever. Secondly, what kind of thing is that to do to myself on my birthday? Giving myself the gift of stress. No thanks. Any mother can tell you that once you have kids, your time is not your own. Mine certainly isn't. So the shop will come when the shop comes. I'll do it on my own time and I'll enjoy doing it--and I'm not going to stress myself out doing it quickly just because of some arbitrary deadline that I pulled out of my hiney.

A couple of thoughts before the weekend:

*I used to think people who were in love with their PTs and chiropractors were a little bit weird, but that was before I had a PT. Now, that I have one, I totally get it. My PT sent me home with a few exercises, and I think it's too soon to say that I've been cured, b/c I might have another flare up down the road, but for now the shoulder pain is gone, and I feel like a fully functioning human again. Awesome!


monster vitamin
*I bought a new daily women's multivitamin. Look at the size of this thing! Frugal that I am, I'm going to finish the entire bottle, but I am definitely on the lookout for something smaller. Any recommendations? And this is maybe tmi, but holy neon phosphorescence, batman!

*See that fabric up top? I'm digging into it this weekend, and I *cannot* wait to do some sewing again.

Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

From what I've heard..the phosphorescence comes from the Vitamin C. No helping that. ;-)

I know women's dailies and prenatals are a leeeeetle different, but I still love my Target prenatals. *grin* Much smaller than yours! (I know - I have bottles of both on my bathroom counter. haha)

Joanna said...

I used to take the Target prenatals. Maybe I should go back to them. I may still have a 4 year old stash of them in my medicine drawer somewhere....yikes!

dailythread said...

Well, you just have to explain the neon phosphorescence thing. 'Cause I don't know what you're talkin' about, Willis.

Joanna said...

katie, you're going to regret you asked, but here goes. pop a vitamin, give it about two hours, then go pee. it's a truly gorgeous lemon-lime gatorade color. i haven't tested this, but it might be glow-in-the dark, even. maybe you could lend me your 50mm 1.4 so i can take a picture for you. ha ha!! i crack myself up!

dailythread said...

HA HA! I had a feeling it might be something like that! A boy on my bus in middle school had meningitis (but made a full recovery) and everyone who came in contact with him (like the bus riders) had to take a pill. It made our pee look like orange gatorade. So I guess I'm familiar with that!! So funny.

stephanie said...

I can't wait to see your Etsy shop. And good for you for taking your time! And good luck finding a smaller vitamin. I take separate pills for everything and then a shot of liquid (hard to fine) Geritol. I get teased a little that I am 28 and take Geritol but it's the best thing in the world if you are low on B vitamins or iron.

Janice said...

My multivitamin is about the same size as yours. I saw on Dr. Oz that you should cut them in half and take one half in the morning and one half at night. That way your body absorbs more of the actual vitamins and you get less of the yellow 'afterglow'! That's what I do now and they are much easier to get down.

Joanna said...

katie--a toast to your health, with a big glass of gatorade! i'll let you pick the color :)

stephanie--i'm going to look for geritol the next time i go to the store.

janice--cutting them in half for better absorption makes complete sense. btw, i love the term "afterglow"...that's great!

Bevy said...

too funny!!

I think any vitamin will do that to you...

Can't wait to see the "afterglow" of this fabric selection, you've got going here... and to visit your etsy shop.

Somethings are totally worth waiting for. Somehow I've got a feeling...

Beccalynn said...

Those fabrics are just luscious! Can't wait to see what you make from them!

jojoebi said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind, I have added one of your tutorials to my 100+ fat quarter tutorials post, thank you for sharing :o)
jo
http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/2010/02/fabric-swap-100-fat-quarter-tutorials.html

Jenny said...

Such yummy fabrics! I have recently acquired some of that too.

ferne said...

They make liquid vitamins which you drink so they are absorbed faster, but they are really expensive. I have seen them at Vitamin Shoppe and Whole Foods.