Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bot Camp Miniquilt

Catching up on my bot camp tutorials...here's another one that was recently posted on Making It Fun.

rocketship

These are quick projects that are fun to make. The tutorial has all the information on fabric and dimensions if you want to make these miniquilts exactly like what you see here. Or if you want to come up with your own design, that would be even more fun.

sprocket

If you've never made a quilt before, the miniquilt is an excellent place to start. The tutorial includes instructions on fusible applique as well as making a quilt sandwich and binding.

robot

The tutorial is HERE. Enjoy! :)

12 comments:

Lydia said...

Where did you find the checkered fabric?! When I was looking for some, all I could find was black and white.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

darling!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh - those are adorable!!!!

Katie B. said...

These are fantastic! I recently made a robot quilt for my son, so I definitely need to make some of these for his walls.

dailythread said...

Too cute, Joanna!

k. said...

Really cute. You inspired one of the beginner quilters in my fledgling quilt group! Nice work on both the quilting and the inspiring. :) k.

Diane said...

I think these are amazing!! Very colorful!

craftsister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
craftsister said...

Oh, I love the way you kept the outline going around the object to the edge of the quilt (I'm sure there's more technical quilt language to describe what I'm talking about-sorry!).

But, aaarrrggghh, the link is broken. Please fix it, I'm dying to know how you did it. I just LOVE it!!!!

(Even the link on the Michael Milller page doesn't work-I really tried!)

Thank you, thank you!

* a i s y a h * said...

Wow! Those are cute! You made it sound so easy. :) I haven't try any quilting yet.. You certainly make me want to try it some day. ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Brett said...

I am dying to try your miniquilt! Will you be able to get the PDF link working again? I'd love to use your tutorial!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love these mini quilts. I would like to make some but the links that I've gone to say the page is not there. Can you help please?