Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Birthday Weekend Report

I had a *great* birthday weekend. I'm not the big bash type. I just wanted a quiet weekend at home with the family.

*Saturday morning while I was still in bed, my boys serenaded me with the birthday song and showered me with presents. I got a lot of stuff (they are the best present-getters), the most exciting of which was a juicer. We were all eager to try it out, so we took a trip to the grocery store and loaded up on fruit. Then we did it mongolian barbecue style, where each person fills their bowl with their own proportions of this and that, and the chef (me) got to shove it through. FUN TIMES! So that was our lunch on Saturday--as well as our dinner on Sunday night...b/c by then we'd had a chance to buy some yogurt and protein powder and we made the yummiest most fillingest smoothies ever.

*We also took a family field trip to the poshiest sports club to see if it's a place we'd like to join. I've truly never seen anything like it before. It's so fancy that I could hang out in the women's locker room for a couple hours and leave feeling like I'd had a vacation. Not sure yet about the joining part. We might; we might not. I might get kicked out for not being posh enough.

*We went for a family walk to the off-leash dog park.

*Dragged the kids to a home improvement store to get ideas on a future deck.

*I made a leather bag.
olive bag

*I started on a top secret project for Michael Miller Fabrics using fabric from Laura Gunn's beautiful Poppy Collection .

getting ready
Pardon the background mess. My room is feeling more like a workshop (hammers, nails, rivets, etc.) and less like a sewing studio these days.

Looking ahead: My sister is coming to visit me this week. She thinks she's coming to hang out, but I'm going think of a way to put her to work. You would too, if she were your sister!!

11 comments:

Olivia Jean said...

She is your sister! Cool....I would love for my sisters to be crafters too....does a BFF count?

Can't wait to see what you two come up with!

Joanna said...

as far as i'm concerned, a crafting bff is as good as a sister--don't you think????

xoxo

keri said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

(ps - send me your new address if you don't mind? I went to drop a card in the mail to you when my calendar reminder went off and I think I have your old address on file)

Glad to hear you had a great day - sounds like lots of fun. I love your new bag too! I want to be first in line for a Joanna special when you open your etsy shop!

Joanna said...

keri--going to facebook to message you right now.

dailythread said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Have fun with Linda!

joyce said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! (Happy Belated!) -
When my sister comes over, I put her to work with my kids- haha!!

craftapple said...

Work?? I was hoping to get caught up on some sleep... hee hee.

craftapple said...

ps. That fabric looks fun. I'll "help" you play with that. :)

craftapple said...

pps. Can I carry that bag while I'm in town, too? he he.

craftapple said...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...happy birthday!

Joanna said...

craftapple--you wish, in your dreams, no you mayn't, and thank you. :)