Saturday, December 19, 2009

An Unintended Home Project: The Kitchen

The downstairs floors are about 1 day away from completion. The good news is that they look great and really warm up the space and make it feel cozy. The bad news is that they make our already unattractive countertops scream: "look at me, I was ugly to begin with and now I'm uglier than ever, maybe worse!!!" So, although we were planning to wait awhile to do the countertops, it seems like we'll be doing them sooner rather than later.

so close

icky counters

countertop option

backsplash options

We have a few samples to look at for the weekend--a small slab of countertop and some backsplash tiles. I think we're going to take our time to figure out what we want to do. In the meantime, do any of you have experience with Squak Mountain stone or poured concrete countertops, and if so, are you happy with it? Please email me--I'd love to hear about your experience. (joanna (at)greatturtle(dot)com)