Tuesday, November 03, 2009


juki juki bo buki
This thing is amazing. Soooo unbelievably amazing. Sorry for gushing. I can't stand when people show off on their blogs, but I'm not showing off, promise. I'm just in awe of what I have to work with and what those J*ki folks imagined and produced. To be honest, I'm rather scared of this machine.
It has a servo motor which, with the switch of a dial turns it down from going it's usual pace of oh, 2,500 stitches per minute, to make it slower and give it some torque (so that it can sew through thicker material--i.e. leather). But when I go slowly it complains b/c it wants to run (like my dog on a leash), and when it goes fast, it feels a bit like a runaway horse. I've learned already that I can't be wearing my D*nskos when I sew. I have to be in my stocking feet so that I have adequate friction and can feel how far I'm pushing the foot pedal. Every millimeter makes a difference. Touchy touchy.
I'm sensing a learning curve, but am so super excited!!! I've had lots of ideas floating around in my head that I haven't been able to execute b/c my old machine, try as it might, just couldn't do for m*. W*w! Another th*ng I learned--it's fun to substit*te rand*m letters with asterisks. Makes one's words rather sp*rkly, d*n't y*u th*nk? :)

p.s. Thanks for being excited along with me!