Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bells by the Door

It's amazing how much of my life lately has been overtaken by this furball. I feel that I spend much of my day hanging around outside waiting for her to do her business. When we're inside, I follow her around the house making sure she's not planning to do her business. The only time I can get any work done around the house is when she's napping. We're making progress on the housetraining front--she's been accident free for a couple of days. Yippeee! We've purchased two crates--one for upstairs, and one for downstairs, and she seems to be adjusting well to them. I have an appointment tomorrow with the invisible fence people, so hopefully life will be a little more relaxing soon.


The vet suggested we get a bell to hang by the door. Everytime we take her out, we need to ring the bell, and eventually she'll get to the point where she can ring the bell to let us know she needs to go out. I'm looking forward to her being able to communicate w/ us that way.

When we were at Petco we looked all over for bells. The only ones they had were in the bird section, and those were little ones that wouldn't make enough noise for my ears to hear. I mentioned to the Petco guy that my vet suggested it, and he said that lots of people come in for dog bells and they all get directed to the bird section. ***ding ding ding--hello? marketing opportunity??*** So I fashioned my own with wire and bells from the craft store.


She's a smart dog, so I think she'll catch on soon (if I can get one kid in particular to quit ringing it whenever he feels like it.)

I promise to not turn this into a dog blog...but this puppy keeps amazing us with her antics. We took her to the lake the other day and she surprised us by swimming.

she swims

she swims