Monday, July 06, 2009

Thai Fisherman's Pants

thai fisherman's pants

Made for my husband. Modeled by me (because when does he have time to model pants, I ask you?).

I based these on a pair of pants he bought when he was in Thailand before we were married. He loves his beach pants, but they were getting a little raggedy, and I've been promising him for years that I'd make him a new pair. I used a painter's drop cloth for these because that's what I had on hand, but next time I'm going to use fabric that's a little less stringy--the hemming and french seams were a little bit of a pain due to the ravelling.

Even though they're a bit big for me, I like 'em. I'd like a pair for myself too. Should have had some of these when I was pregnant. These are the ultimate adjustable waist. By the way, they really look much better on him. He has the knack for tying them so they're not quite so bunchy in the front.