Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pantalones for me

pantalones

I'm looking for an easy go-to pattern for casual pants that fit me well and don't look like I've made them myself. I haven't found it yet. Most pants patterns that I've come across are too high in the waist for me. Yes, I'm a mom, but I'm not into wearing mom-jeans. Thanks, anyway.

belt loop

I've been working on a pants pattern for myself. This pair is a rough draft (made out of an on-sale IKEA curtain panel). I'm envisioning a little more flare in the leg and a little more give in the front. Other than that, I think I'm there. I have 2 pairs of summer pants that I wear relentlessly. They cost a little more than I care to spend on clothes, so I'm glad that I'm almost to the point of being able to give them the old heave-ho.

peek inside