Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Simplicity 5197

gingham shirt
Fabric can be found here.

This is a fun top. I wore it around all afternoon and think it's one I'll actually reach for in my closet. It's Simplicity 5197--view B. It's a pattern that's out of print, but can be found here on ebay. Snag one while you can. Thanks to Michelle of Green Kitchen for the idea. I fell in love with hers the moment I saw it.

closeup collar
My repertoire of skills is going up. Yay me! This time, new to me, but no big deal: inserting a collar. I like this kind of sewing...baby steps.

I'd like to make some more clothes, but I'm sort of at a standstill. My sewing machine is an industrial long arm Brother Nouvelle. I love it and it loves me back, but it only does a straight stitch. I'd like to have the freedom to make buttonholes and do a few fancy stitches. We'll see what happens.

Next up: pants for the hubby per his request. Anything for my lover. ;)