Tuesday, June 09, 2009


introducing clean dirt

One of the things I love about having a blog is having a voice and a forum and people to share my excitement with. Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while know that if I find a good deal on something or a new-to-me way of doing something, I can't stop myself from posting about it.

Is it just me, or do all bloggers feel like getting their friends to blog too? My mom, for example, is so full of stories and life experiences. She's a great writer, and I wish she would just have a blog already. I have friends who are awesome cooks. They need to just blog too, for pity's sake. So in the interest of sharing my forum (and proselytizing the joys of this bloggy way of life--ahem!), I've decided to try something different and open my blog up to guest bloggers who have something to say. Any subject is fair game. I have a few guests in mind at this point, most of whom are blogless and some of whom will probably need a little arm-twisting. They have stories to be told; passions to express; knowledge to share. I'm so very excited about this! I'm eager for you to meet my friends--some new, some old.

I must say, I'm feeling a little funny about the convergence of my real world and blog world which have been separate for so long, but it's time for this old blog to be something more. Most of all I'm just happy to share my space with people who help to enhance my understanding of this world.

Think of it as a monthly field trip to a different perspective...I'm calling it The Clean Dirt. The first issue, by my friend Pei Pei, will be coming tomorrow.