Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Living Room

I've been feeling the urge to fix this place up lately. We've been here for a year and a half now and I can't really use the "we just moved in" excuse anymore to explain why there are no pictures hanging up on the walls. Nothing major here; just a few tweaks.

Here's my first tweak:
curtains before

curtains after

Ahh. So much better, in my opinion. Although my kids miss the old curtains and rods. I've been told I have to keep them in the garage and am not allowed to get rid of them. (They still tearfully remember the old sofa we gave away 3 years ago.)


Tweak #2:
positioning

on wall
Using the Martha Stewart method of picture placement to hang our collection of hand hammered aluminum.


Tweak #3:
pebble cushion
A couple of new (store bought) throw pillows (hey, I'm pillow-twins w/Willy*Nilly!). I'm almost done. I still need a large piece of artwork for the far wall. I hope I can come up with something soon....