Monday, May 11, 2009

The Coffin (part deux)

One coat of leftover stain from the porch project, and the coffin is now a bit more camouflaged. Yippeee!!
veggie starts
My boys bought me lots of veggie starts for the garden as a mother's day present. There are serranos, poblanos, sweet bells (apparently I like peppers). There are 3 different kinds of cucumbers, including lemon cucumber (my fave). Also, cauliflower and dill. I'm most excited about the artichoke plant they bought. I've never had one before, and I can't wait to see how it looks when it gets big. There's also some corn in there. Yes, there's a real estate issue going on in the garden. When the plants start growing they will be pretty crammed. The kids also bought me packets and packets of seeds. I have lettuce seeds planted in a pot, and tomatoes in two other pots. I've planted nasturtiums here there and everywhere. Some are even along the edges of the raised bed. I'm hoping that they'll trail over the sides and soften the edges a little.

As you can guess from the photos of my yard, things are a little overgrown and out of control, so it sure is nice to have this small area I can micromanage. :)