Sunday, March 29, 2009

I caved

OK. OK. I finally caved to the masses and joined ravelry. Oh my....so many luscious projects on there just make me want to go out and buy yarn and more yarn. And maybe start subscribing to Interweave Knits so that I can make this. I was even thinking about getting a serious haircut, but after seeing how lovely the model looks with her long tresses, I may be forced to reconsider.

sleeveless

I've started working on a sleeveless sweater. I'm hoping for the best, but bracing for the worst. My gauge is a bit off and it's looking biggish :( I went yarn shopping with a friend. I kept heading for the earthy brown and grey tones (you know me), and she kept telling me that those are not my colors and steered me toward the pinks and purples. So she talked me into this pink. I'm doing it, but not loving it. Maybe I will grow to love it. Such a shame that at my age, I still don't have a real sense of style. I'm the type who goes clothes shopping and comes home with nothing. I'll keep ya posted.