Saturday, November 22, 2008

Repurposed Clothing

This summer skirt of mine got stained in the laundry, so I decided to turn it into a funky apron. Luckily the stained part was all on the bottom, so I cut it off and added a ruffle and some reverse applique embellishments (because I cannot seem to stop myself).

recycled skirt apron

reverse applique
Ruffle: Michael Miller Fabrics' Kiwi Dumb Dot
Applique: Kiwi Garden Tour

I've been weeding my closet and have come across lots of jeans that just aren't fitting me like they used to. I'm thinking about repurposing those as well. I've thought about making one into a skirt, but haven't really seen any that I like all that much. I'm not a fan of the bandana panel in the middle. I'm also not sure how I feel about the curved crotch thing that shows up in the front. Time to do some research, I suppose...to see if there's anything out there I like that I could actually pull off (in terms of making AND wearing).