Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I do believe I'm back

The month of October is long gone. Good riddance, I say. I spent lots of it flat on my back, walking around only when necessary and now, I'm ready to have my life back. Recovery wasn't all bad though. A short list of the good things:

*I read three books in as many weeks. Can't remember the last time I did that...probably not since college. All three of these were *great*.

*We ate lots of home cooked meals--the ladies in my church are amazing. The doorbell would ring and there would be dinner. Sigh. I'm going to miss that.

*I had plenty of time to surf the internet--guilt free, as I wasn't good for much else anyway. I'm happy to say I'm all caught up on blogs, flickr, facebook, you name it, and I even snagged a pattern off ebay (thanks for the heads up, Michelle!)
tunic pattern

*I had lots of time to mull over the whirlwind of ideas in my head--oh, there is so much I want to make. I have no clue where I'm going to start, but look at all this fun stuff. I CANNOT wait to dig in.
greens and oranges

blacks and reds

Now I'm off to clean the disaster that is my sewing room. Part of being back, I guess.