Saturday, October 11, 2008

My drugged-up post

I had surgery on Tuesday. I knew months ago that it was coming and it filled me with dread. I'm such a worry wart. What if they put me under and I didn't come out of it? What if something were to go wrong? Here I am, finally, on the other side. Apparently, everything went well. I'm so tightly bound that I haven't even seen the end result, yet. I can't breathe deeply, and I can't stand straight. I will say though, that experiences like this have a way of putting everything into perspective very quickly.

I love my kids sooo much I can't even put it into words. I'm home now. My hair is so stinking greasy. I can't take a shower until my drainage tubes are out. The house is messy, but I so don't care. All I can think about is how much I adore my husband who is working so hard to make sure everyone is fed and entertained and keeping life as normal as possible. I'm so in love with my family all I want to do is cry, but crying hurts because I can hardly breathe, so I just let the tears flow down my cheeks. Thank you, God, for blessing me with this awesome family! I so don't deserve it.

p.s. I know, I'm drugged up with vicodin, thus this very uncharacteristic post for me. I really don't care! :)