Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Life is Beachy

Sigh. My sis and her family and my bro came to visit all at the same time. She left yesterday and he left this morning, and here I am looking through pictures feeling all left behind. For some reason I thought we'd have a chance to do some crafting, but Olympic fever took hold here, and our evening hours were spent watching swimming and gymnastics--and it turned out to be hilarious. It's been so long since we've all been together that I forgot how fun it is to listen to my sibs' ridiculous commentary. Truly funny people.

I also got some insight into my sister's way of blogging. I'd see a plate of muffins and want to take a picture for the blog, and she'd say, "What does that have to do with crafting?" So now I know why her blog is so focused and mine is all over the board. :)

One of the many highlights of their visit (aside from our visit to the Chinese store, Uwajimaya, the Chinese bakery, and the fabric store...) was our trip out to Anderson Island where we rented a cottage on the beach. Here are some vacation pictures to bore you.

As if a beach and a view of Mt. Rainier wasn't enough, there was an orchard with apples, pears, plums and nectarines. The nectarines were the only fruit that were ripe for the picking. YUM! Miss you guys! Come back soon!!!!