Monday, June 23, 2008

Decidedly not cool

One more teacher present... a hobo tote. I have one I made that I use all the time--maybe even too much. Here comes Joanna wearing that same bag again. Too bad. One thing I love about growing older is that I seem to care less about what people think. I'm less interested in being cool; more interested in being me. Less interested in appearing aloof; more interested in being nice. Less fake; more authentic. I could go on and on. My 20th high school reunion (the one I'm helping to plan) is coming up in ten days. Back when we thought maybe only 10 people would show up, I offered my house as a place to meet for dinner. Um, yeah--turns out there are going to be about 45 people at my house for dinner. Part of me wants to freak. The other part says, who cares? My new mantra: It doesn't matter what the house looks like--the important thing is that we're all together. Right? (Of course, that's not going to make me stop cleaning like a madwoman.)



10 comments:

muralimanohar said...

45 people?? I had a cow when I had 17..and 2/3 of them were kids. You are BRAVE!

Rouxhauser said...

The bag is great. What is the print fabric? Good luck with the reunion!

Melissa said...

I'd be freaking out if 45 people were coming to my house. I'm sure it will be fun and if anyone thinks otherwise, well let them host a large party at their house and see what the pressure is like. You'll be a star I'm sure! :-)

Melissa said...

I don't know about having 45 people over, but my grandmother had a trivet/plaque thing up in her kitchen that read: "This house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy."

I love the fabrics you chose for these bags! (And the bags as well, of course.)

dailythread said...

I love the bag! And I'm in awe of you and 45 people coming for dinner. That's true hospitality. Have fun!

Helen said...

Great bag! I love that yellow fabric against the brown.

Good luck with the reunion!

Mirre said...

Lovely bag!

Good luck with ALL those guests!

Walker-Party of 5 said...

I too like to give a nice homemade gifts but, I'm learning that we worry too much. I have seen what the teachers get (at least at our school)another notepad or candle.

I think you did a great job and very personalized!

Chara Michele said...

Cute bag!

Wowzers, 45 people! That is quite a few people to dinner :) Good luck!

Twinlinebackers said...

I think 45 people do dinner sounds fun. Ok, a little crazy but a lot of fun! Your bag looks cute. I'll have to make one and see if it will be my go to bag. I'm intrigued that it's the best shaped bag for you.