Saturday, May 03, 2008

Paint Job


All my friends in real life are sick of me going on and on about this, so I guess I just need to bore all my blog friends too. I recently tried the Fresh Aire Choice paint from Home Depot, and I love it! I'm so glad that no-VOC paints have finally gone mainstream and I don't have to pay an arm and leg for a gallon of paint. This ran around $39/gallon for the eggshell finish (a couple bucks more than what I normally pay) and it is all they say it is. No stink. Goes on great. And even though they can't color match for you, the colors they have to choose from are so beautiful, earthy, wholesome it doesn't really matter.
I--like a lot of other moms I know--do all my painting at night when the kids are in bed. When I painted the guest room, I did it with a different brand. Even though I know you're not supposed to, I painted with all the windows closed because the screens had not yet been installed, and I didn't want bugs who were attracted to the light flying into the house. It was a pewy experience that I don't wish to relive. So when I was painting the kitchen nook, I decided to try the new stuff, and now painting is my new hobby.
In case you're interested, the color I used is Terrarium.

11 comments:

dailythread said...

I love the color, Joanna! It looks just like our dining room color. Which was pewy. Now I know what to use after we move.

HomeJewel said...

Gorgeous - looks great with the white trim.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the paint. We are going to repaint our daughters room. The last time we painted it smelled to high heaven for a long time.
Although we usually go to Lowe's. If they don't have it we'll jump across the road to HD.
Texcin

kayla_d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kayla_d said...

Love the color! I agree--we just repainted our dining room with freshaire paint, and I love how it went on. We used 'natural wilderness' and I'm so happy with it.

http://justlikesewkayla.blogspot.com/2008/04
/inside-and-out.html

muralimanohar said...

Yay for no-stink paint. We had to move in here before the painting was done, and I haven't been able to bring myself to finish it off the last couple of rooms, since we have to live in here WITH the paint. Ugh.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm about to dive back into painting and was thinking about these options...

shawn said...

i LOVE, love, LOVE the red chair, the dark table and the paint color in the background. So soothing to my eyes and looks like it should be in a Home Decorating catalog.

Mrs. Mordecai said...

Wow, paint that doesn't stink? I'm sold.

t.scott said...

Ahh! My husband and I love this paint too! We are working on our 4th room with it. I drive everyone nuts talking about it too!! lol.

Anonymous said...

I randomly found your blog while googling "Freshaire paint terrarium". I have used their Slender Reed color in several rooms and just love it...and the way it changes color w/ the light so well. I'm about to take the plunge and change my kitchen/FR from a darker sage green to Terrarium, and your photo here made me decide 100% to go for it! So thanks, stranger! Signed, Fellow-Mom-Who-Paints-At-Night! LOL!