Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gah!


So my sister called me earlier in the week to ask me if I'm ever planning to sew again. I'm starting to wonder the same thing. It's been such a long time. I will. I've just got so many things going on right now. And as if reading blogs and scoping flickr weren't enough of a time suck already, I've discovered facebook too. OH.MY. Such fun reconnecting with old friends. One my friends and I are trying to organize our high school reunion here in the Seattle area this summer. We had a pretty dinky graduating class by US standards...like, 28 people. We are spread out all over the world. It will be interesting to see how many people actually show up. In the meantime, I joined facebook so that I could try to track down some long lost classmates, and there they all are! I guess I'm one of the last few to join the party. Hopefully some of my enthusiasm for it will die down a bit so that my kids can get their mommy back soon. OK. I'm exaggerating a bit (but not really).

Last night a friend taught me how to make granny squares. Man, are they addictive. I got home from my knitting group last night at 11:30 pm, and had to make a few more before I fell asleep. I don't know what these granny squares will become, or how long I will keep making them, but for now I'm having fun.

Over and out.

13 comments:

Rouxhauser said...

The granny squares look great. I have never figured out how to crochet. I love the fabric under the granny squares. Just used some in a quilt top I'm working on.

Bianca Reagan said...

Those look lovely! I used to crochet when I was a youngin (hee!), but I don't anymore.

Gretchen said...

I make them a bit bigger (four rounds) and use them for kitchen washcloths.

Also, I have a whole box of yarn odds and ends. I'm planning to make them into granny squares for an afgahn.

Love the colors of yours!

Heather said...

Great, now you've got me hooked on Facebook. I only have 1 friend which is a little depressing. Hehe.

Oiyi said...

Granny squares are fun, but I hate sewing them together. I like the colors you used.

Ruth's Place said...

Beautiful granny squares. You're not the last person in the world to join facebook. I'm still resisting.

Chara Michele said...

I like the colors you are using for your granny squares.

She sure is strange! said...

My squares always curl, don't know what I'm doing wrong. Yours are gorgeous, love the colors!

Molly

joyce said...

my cousin made a scarf out of granny scarves...

syko kajsa said...

I am on facebook too, but I have been neglecting it recently, but it is very exciting to get in contact with old classmates! I missed my high school reunion, I was at the hospital with my to days old son a the moment :)

Crocheting IS addictive!

weirdbunny said...

I love the colours you have used for your granny sqaures, I love blue and green together. Yet when I was a kid there was the rhyme, blue and green should never be seen, I don't know why ?!

southerngirlmusings said...

The granny squares look great and I love the color combos. I crochet other things but can't seem to get my granny squares to work out just right.

DeeJay said...

I'm loving the colors you are using for the granny squares. I have two wool granny square blankets in my living room right now. My grand mother made one and my great grand mother made the other. The one made by my grand mother is a little more "delicate" only because she is Quanah Parker's grand daughter. In these parts of America that means something, but most others...not. You can google him and find out who he was.