Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spilling the Beans

Remember the cryptic post from early July--the one where I had a secret I was dying to tell, but I couldn't? Well, finally I can and I'm so excited! A couple of months ago, I was contacted by Kathy Miller from Michael Miller Fabrics. She'd done a search on Dick and Jane fabric to see what people were doing with it and she came across my blog and the little things I was making back in February and March for the baby shower I was helping to coordinate. Here, I'll save you some time and repost the pictures here:Anyway, she'd decided to start her own blog and asked me if I'd like to contribute to it. Well, hello? That was a no-brainer. I've loved MM fabrics since I first started noticing fabric. I made my first nappy bag with it. My first cute skirt with it. And of course all that Dick and Jane stuff. So YES, YES, YES! I was telling my hubby that it feels like high school when you have a crush on someone and then you find out they like you back! Swoon. And here's the most exciting part: she sent me some fabric to play around with. Woo hoo! So I'll be periodically writing tutorials for her blog using all that fun fabric.

Kathy's blog is now up and running. Go take a look and leave her a comment. And while you're there, you'll see a new, improved version of the cloth baby shoes (one with left and right foot specific soles) and a tutorial for appliqued onesies--with more on the way. You thought I was just hanging out all summer making lazy-butt food, but really I was working (like crazy paddling duck feet) on all this stuff I couldn't post. Ahh, I can't tell you how great it feels to finally be able to get this off my chest. Sweet relief.

33 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go, you. Such fun! And no wonder, you make such lovely things.

Karyn said...

That is SO exciting!!! And they sent you fabric to play with??? That's even MORE exciting!!! :) Congratulations!!

dizzyjadey said...

That's wayyyyy cool! And they're all so pretty.

NI-KO said...

Congratulations also from the other side of the world!
It's what you deserved ,I think.
Best wishes, Nicole

Angelika said...

This is so super cool. Doesn't if feel nice when you get noticed? Congrats and have fun playing with the fabrics.

kirsten said...

very cool! funny, too, because at my quilt shop last week i saw little michael miller flyers proclaiming free patterns on their website (shoes, etc.) and i thought - NO! they're copying joanna! :)n guess not, huh?

Mama said...

That's so great! Congrats! Your work is so fantastic... How fun to see the shoes and onesies in such darling photos. Woo hoo!

capello said...

yay! so awesome!

beki said...

Congrats! What an honor!!

amandajean said...

congratulations, jojo! so very happy for you.

Chara Michele said...

That is exciting!! :)

Shannon said...

Wow....that is so cool! Congratulations:)

Katie said...

That is GREAT, Joanna! Congrats! I know you've been having fun. Love the new and improved (but they were great already) tutes.

Carolyn said...

Hurray for you!!! That is very cool news... and I love so many MM fabrics! WooHoo! Well Done!

TinkerBlue said...

Woo Hoo! That is so cool!

Junie Moon said...

This is super! Congratulations on this wonderful new opportunity. I can hardly wait to see what happens but I hope you don't give up the lazy-butt cooking 'cause that's fun, too.

Mel Goodsell said...

I love your blog!! I'll be definitely trying the tissue holder tutorial, it's gorgeous. Love the baby shoes too.
Melx

joyce said...

yay! congratulations =)

Ali said...

How brilliant is that! I have little celebrity blog visitor dreams sometimes, but yours came true! Big huge congratulations

lera said...

Holy cow! Congratulations. That is totally cool. I always knew you rocked!

Some Art Fabric said...

I hoped over here from the new Michael Miller BLOG -- love those baby shoes. I must make some but I have no babies. Maybe for their dolls. Congrats!!

Jody said...

How wonderful! I do love those fabrics too. Have fun with your new adventure.

syko kajsa said...

How exciting! And free fabrics to play with! How awesome is that?

Meegan Blue said...

Wow! Super congratuations! That is really, really, cool.

Dacia said...

I tagged you for a meme! Rules on my blog.

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

Congrats Joanna! I loved seeing your name plastered all over those tutorials...and that display of booties on the MM homepage, too cool!

sugarshop (Dena) said...

How exciting... congrats! A certain MM fabric got me started on my fabric obsession 6 years ago and I've been hoarding since! Lol!

Erin said...

How exciting your work is so lovely I am not suprised it got noticed. My Dick and Jane fabric is still sitting nicely stacked in my sewing box. I am to scared to cut it as I love it so much! That being said I do have a few baby gifts to make...perhaps I will check out the magazine tutorials!

Maria-Jag blommar said...

I like your textiles!

Anonymous said...

Very nice post, i prefer to shop baby shoes on Finishline and Shoebuy at CouponAlbum.. as i find great variety on these stores..

tamdoll said...

That's so exciting, you do such wonderful work!

nutnoh said...

Love the tutorial! What do you put on the inside so that the stitching doesn't scratch?

Anonymous said...

^^ nice blog!! ^@^

徵信,徵信網,徵信社,徵信社,感情挽回,婚姻挽回,挽回婚姻,挽回感情,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,捉姦,徵信公司,通姦,通姦罪,抓姦,抓猴,捉猴,捉姦,監聽,調查跟蹤,反跟蹤,外遇問題,徵信,捉姦,女人徵信,女子徵信,外遇問題,女子徵信, 外遇,徵信公司,徵信網,外遇蒐證,抓姦,抓猴,捉猴, 調查跟蹤,反跟蹤,感情挽回,挽回感情,婚姻挽回,挽回婚姻,外遇沖開,抓姦, 女子徵信,外遇蒐證,外遇,通姦,通姦罪,贍養費,徵信,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,徵信公司,徵信社,徵信公司,徵信社,徵信公司,女人徵信,
徵信,徵信網,徵信社, 徵信網,外遇,徵信,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,女人徵信,徵信社,女人徵信社,外遇,抓姦,徵信公司,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,徵信社,女人徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,女子徵信社,女子徵信社,女子徵信社,女子徵信社, 徵信,徵信社, 徵信,徵信社, 徵信社,
徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信,徵信社,徵信, 徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 外遇, 抓姦, 離婚, 外遇,離婚,
徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,外遇, 抓姦, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社, 徵信社,徵信,徵信, 徵信,外遇, 抓姦
徵信外遇抓姦離婚婚前徵信工商徵信尋人大陸抓姦法律諮詢家暴婚前徵信工商徵信外遇抓姦尋人離婚家暴大陸抓姦感情挽回
婚姻挽回大陸抓姦尋人
大陸抓姦,徵信,徵信社