Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Get My Jollies

I was putting some old magazines in the recyclables the other day when I came across this Sunset magazine. Fabulous looking food with even more fabulous looking wooly hand-knit hotpads underneath. Given the recent cold turn the weather has taken around here lately, I had to recreate the whole scenario ASAP.Yeah. Near miss. Whatever. Next time I'll use better looking yarn, a bigger white dish and actually cook real food instead of using those instant crock pot meals from the freezer section. Oh well. It was fun. I have to get my jollies somehow, right?

Here's another fun thing I saw in a magazine:

Eeeeek! It's the Michael Miller ad in the Oct./Nov. issue of Mary Engelbreit Home Companion. I knew there was going to be an ad in there, but I didn't know it was going to be a full-page spread. And I didn't know it was going to be so darn cute. And by the way, Melissa--those are your grandma's buttons!!!! :)

25 comments:

Erin said...

Looks fantastic! Congrats!!

Mama said...

Oh, my! You're famous!

Kate said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Ali said...

It's the BIIIIG time! Hooray! The ad looks fantastic.

Lora said...

What a great magazine spread!! Congratulations!! I'll take a peek tonight at B&N to see the page and say "I read her blog!!!" :):)

Angela said...

That's so awesome! Your booties! :)
Congrats.

luvbug1975 said...

I saw that yesterday!! It must be so cool to see your very own stuff in a national magazine! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

beki said...

That magazine spread would certainly get MY jollies!!! Congrats, Ms. Famous Crafter!!

Junie Moon said...

I saw that ad, too, and thought it was wonderful and I generally don't even pay attention to any ads.

Your getting your "jollies" effort is fun to read about and see. I love doing stuff like that, too.

lera said...

That ad is fabulous!!!! Congratulation!

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

Very exciting, enjoy!

Lala said...

Congrats!!! Hit your link from another blog and have been visiting a while! ME is one of my most FAV mags!!! CUTE AD!!! My sister is due with TWINS in Dec. and I have already decided to TRY your little shoes for her (I looked at the tutorial)... :o)

Angelika said...

You are being published. Yeeeiiih. Don't you just wish your name was on it too? But that's ok, because WE know that those are YOUR booties. Congrats too

Melissa said...

Congrats! The ad looks awesome and I need to go out and buy it tomorrow. I must see the picture of my grandma's buttons closer. I'm so giddy that you added those in the photo...thank you sweetie!

Mo said...

See? Goo dthings come from blogging! Aren't you glad you kept it up! lol. Congrats! That is really wonderful!

dottycookie said...

Oh wow, how cool is that spread? Well done you!

Chara Michele said...

Oh wow that ad is so exciting! :) Yay for you!!

Kely said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: costa rica real estate jaco, jaco beach condo, jaco beach condos. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

shisomama said...

hey hey hey look at you! congratulations!!

Regina said...

I saw that add!! I knew those were your baby shoes the minute I saw them! Congrats!!

weirdbunny said...

Fame at last, you must be so excited !!!! Now your husband can't complain about your crafting time, now that your famous !~ love Julia x

Jelly Wares said...

OMG!!! Are they your shoes in that ad??? If so... That's AMAZING. Congratulations.

Jodie

Dawn said...

I saw the ad in MEHC!...sooooo excited for you!

SugarShop (Dena) said...

congrats! Woohoo, very very cool!

joyce said...

yay! how exciting!