Monday, August 06, 2007

Nate? Nate?

First of all, yay--the IKEA catalog arrived! Just in time for my craft room. I'm thinking shelving. Lots and lots of it. I've finally peeled off the last of the wallpaper. Unfortunately, whoever put it up was very paste-happy, so I still have lots of scrubbing to do before I paint. But that's OK. I'm going to need lots of time to deliberate my new wall color. Whatever it is will have to coordinate with this green (Martha Stewart/Arbor Green) of my kitchen and this brownish gray (Martha Stewart/Twine) of the living room, both of which are visible from the dining room/craft room.

Any suggestions? I guess ideally I would go find some fabric I love that incorporates these colors and make some drapes for my new craft room to pull it all together. Some people have the knack...I'm afraid I'm not one of them. Nate, where are you when I need you? Do you read my blog, Nate? Feel free to leave me a comment. Ha ha ha!!! (Wow, if he did I would totally pee my pants.)

Secondly--thanks for all the lazy-butt recipes. I LOVE them all. My mom was big into canned beans on toast. I'd forgotten all about that one. I also love the ones that involve throwing ingredients into the rice cooker. Paella, anyone? Veggies and beef pilaf? Yum. I'm going to try some of them out and feature them here on my 'lil blog. Also, I've started a flickr group called lazy-butt cookin'. If you have any meals to share, get out the food cam and share the recipe. The only rule is that you can't include measurements, because lazy-butt cooks don't measure. They just dump. Right? If I ever get off my lazy-butt, I might even come up with a button for the flickr group. Right now there are no pictures there, but I think I'm going to have to tag some people to get it going. For now, I'm going to have to tag these "lucky" people: Angelika, Jessicah,
Rachael
, KitKatKnit, and Heide. Oh, you poor people. You don't have to play if you don't feel like it.

Now I have to show you the monster zucchini that came from our garden. The boys have been carrying it around the house for 2 days, using it to show off how strong they are. It's almost like a part of our family. I don't know why we are growing zucchini. I'm the only one in our family who eats it. I made it into chocolate zucchini bread using this recipe, which made two loaves. Look at how much of the zucchini is left!

See? Whenever I actually follow a recipe, I have to blog about it, so rarely does it occur.

17 comments:

capello said...

holy smokes, that is one humoungous zucchini.

yikes.

(yeah, where the hell is nate when you need him?)

Chara Michele said...

That zucchini is huge!! :)

I can't wait to see what you do with your craft/dining room:)

Alicia A. said...

Ha! That's huge!

Ali said...

What a whopper - how could you have cooked it??! It looks like the boys' new best friend.

amandajean said...

"It's almost like part of our family"...hee hee hee.

I can totally see my boys doing that, too.

Jessicah said...

How jealous am I that you get to shop at ikea??!! Next time I have baked beans on toast I will totally post a picture- though may have to send it to you as I don't currently "do" flcker. Thanks for the idea- it may be the making of many a meal!

Evelyn Lum said...

I use zucchini only as a vegetable. Never knew I could use it in bread! Thanks for sharing. Also, that must be the BIGGEST zucchini in the world :) And do take all the time you need and you can change your mind a million times when doing up your craft room.

kristin said...

oh my, just found your blog and i didn't know where to comment...so many great images! thanks for the inspiration!

Erin said...

Glad someone else gets as excited about the new IKEA catalogue. It's packed in my bag so I can devour it on our holidays!

That zucchini loaf looks yummy! You could grate the rest of the zucchini and put it in some meatloaf.

Katie said...

Haha! Someone left a zucchini that big (or maybe bigger) in the back of my husband's truck last year. He brought it home and showed it to me and we laughed at the silly person who left him a 10-lb zucchini. Then I started cooking with it. It made some stir-fry, some zucchini bread, and probably a few side orders of zucchini, too. And after it was all eaten, he said to me "I didn't think you would actually cook that." I didn't understand what he meant, and then he said "I don't know who gave it to me, someone just left it in the back of my truck. Like, you know, I thought it was just a joke." Joke??? Now I always ask him who gave him the stuff he brings home in the summer.

African Kelli said...

That is one monster zucchini! Wow! I wish I could have a slice of that bread. Yummo!

She sure is strange! said...

Good gravy, looks like it was grown in "noocleer" dirt!! Nobody I know grew any this year so I'm zukeless. And, our farmer's market closed down for the season due to the heavy east Texas rains. Of course, now it is scalding hot and sunny... ohwell.

Molly

Beth H said...

ok...I'm jealous. I haven't gotten my IKEA catalog yet and I'm chomping at the bit. Especially because ours is supposed to open this month or next.AAAAAAWWWWWWHHHHH, I can hardly wait.

AND, I'm so jealous of that zucchini, I'm craving zucchini bread and muffins. YUM. Oh and your veggie models are just too cute.

JoAnna said...

I am doing the same, planning a craft room and searching the Ikea website. Have you seen the new work table options? Very cool. Loved the little lazy butts. Butella. Never wouls've thought of that, but YUM!

TinkerBlue said...

I don't think I've ever seen a zucchini that big. When Nate is done your room, can you send him over to do mine?

I posted some lazy-butt dinner photos!

Jody said...

As a child I had a vegetable garden and I'll never forget the huge zucchini I grew one year. What a memory that will be for your boys!

My living room is tanish taupe, the kitchen is greenish, but darker than yours, and the family room is blue with a hint of periwinkle. I think so much will match what you're working with. Have fun!

keri said...

I was just at ikea a few weeks ago and bought a ton of furniture! Now I'm still putting the darn stuff together, that's the only problem with shopping there. ;)