Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wot I made, wot I got


Lanyards with a magnetic clasp. Made when my mom was visiting a few weeks ago for my aunt who works in a hospital. The magnetic clasp is a good thing for when patients get a little feisty, or when your name tag gets caught on a gurney. Never crossed my mind before, but makes perfect sense. I love the idea that for people who have to wear white coats or otherwise dress the same, their lanyard becomes the one accessory that allows them to show their personality. Wonder what my lanyard would look like? It would probably have lots of reds and oranges. I seem to be going in that direction a lot these days. Throw in a charm that looks like half a brain. I seem to be going in that direction too. Ha.


And thank you, Chara Michele, for the tissue holder, key fob and book mark. I love 'em! Especially the bookmark. That's another thing I never would have thought to make. I love how you can pretty much make anything out of fabric.

I'm writing this post in a big hurry, since blogger is going on a scheduled outage soon. Aaah!
OK. Here's one last picture of last night's dinner (not that you care). Trying madly to use up the Easter ham. My kids don't do pea soup, so ham fried rice it is.

15 comments:

Chara Michele said...

So glad you got the set! :)

The magnetic clasp on those lanyards is brilliant!

Jill said...

Yum what a good idea for using up the ham! I still have heaps of pea and ham soup in the freezer from Christmas! I bought a free range ham at a ridiculous price so was determined to use every last skerrick.

Megan said...

I do really, really, care about that dinner. Because it looks absolutely scrumptious, and I don't even like ham.

Ali said...

Unfortunately, my little piggies ate so much ham, there was not enough left for fried rice and I love fried rice.

ruth said...

Love the lanyards! and the bookmark is a great idea, one more thing to add to my 'must make one day' list!

Karyn said...

Great lanyards! So pretty! And you sure did get some nice goodies in the mail!

Angelika said...

I love it all, from the lanyards to the fried rice. When is dinner? Did I mention I wear a nametag? :)

Rosa said...

The rice looks so yummy. Everything looks great. I love the doggie fabric. It is so cute.

Funky Finds said...

i love that doggie fabric!

Katie said...

Pretty lanyards, and the ham fried rice is a great idea! I ended up putting our ham in the freezer.

Melissa said...

Love all the photos! Can I come for supper?

lera said...

First, you look so skinny in that pix below!

I love your lanyards idea. A little colorful bling for someone wearing all white.

And your fried rice looks yummmmmmy.

caitlyn said...

Your dinner looks delicious!!

Cathy said...

I love the doggy set, so cute!

angela said...

The lanyards are lovely!
Guess what? Bloglines deleted you from my blogroll and I was thinking about you this morning and realized you hadn't posted for awhile (or so I thought) then I looked at bloglines and you weren't there anymore! Geez. I fixed that. Sorry I haven't been around more- looks like you've been very productive these days! :)