Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Aprons

Now that Stacy and Beth have finally received these aprons, I can post pictures. Guy, it took me long enough to make these, and even longer to send them. I must have driven past the post office 4 -5 times between April 15 - 20. Lines. Long lines out the door. Pesky people trying to pay taxes on time!
Don't mind the rhodedendron. I don't know what's up with those brown leaves. Pictures like that one just make me wish I had a clothesline. Not for drying clothes on (kudos to all those who do!! But I can barely keep up with the laundry using my washer and dryer--I know my limitations), but for the aesthetic blog picture taking thing.
p.s. I should know better than to blog late at night. Words that I never use (like "kudos") start appearing in my writing.

20 comments:

Beth said...

I love your aprons. I'm so patchwork elliterate that I swoon over anything patchwork.

ruth said...

Love the aprons! There's nothing like line-dried sheets on the bed, mind you the drier makes the towels much softer!

kirsten said...

they turned out so cute!

Alicia A. said...

OOoooooo... I like! (Especially the top one.)

Mama said...

I still can't believe it's mine. I love it so much... It's so beautifully made and just perfect for me. Thank you!

capello said...

oh, those are adorable!

me thinks i need to go make one now....

Dawn said...

Great aprons!!!!!!!

amandajean said...

the aprons are fantastic! love the patchwork.

Stacy said...

Yep, all the previous comments are exactly right. The apron is wonderful! I'm so lucky it's mine! Thanks again!

lera said...

Oh, I love the aprons. Such great detail in the patchworking.

keri said...

Very Pretty!

caitlyn said...

Your aprons are so gorgeous! Stacy and Beth are super lucky!

Mirre said...

I love these aprons!

Erin said...

Oh I love that apron. Looks great on the Rhodo :o) I have a bit of an apron fetish. I collect them, and sew them. It drives my husband nuts. But my thinking is, you can never have too many aprons!

Kristin said...

The aprons are fantastic. Love them!

African Kelli said...

mmm... I love the way you've paired these pretty squares of fabric for the pockets. So sweet!

Kate said...

Great aprons!

Chara Michele said...

lovely aprons!

susan said...

oh i am jealous of the recipients of your aprons!!! i cant decide which one i love more!! very nice work

HowToMe said...

Your aprons are adorable! Did you make the straps adjustable, too? I have made several over the years and love them. The addition of the pockets in the front is a good one. Thanks for sharing it.