Saturday, April 14, 2007

And the Award Goes To....

Can I just say this? I've been waiting around for someone to nominate me for something--anything! There are so many awards going around that I obviously don't qualify for (i.e. The Homeschool Blog Award (nope), the Thinking Blogger Award (not much thinking going on around here, so nope)), can't think of any others at the mo. Like I said, not much thinking ... anyway. So I've decided to nominate myself for an award for which I am overly qualified.
Allow me to present to you the Guilty Blogger Award. This award goes to any blogger who feels:

1. Guilty for the time they spend blogging or reading blogs when they really ought to be doing X, Y or Z instead.

2. Guilty for not responding to comments quickly enough, if at all.

3. Guilty for lurking when they feel they should be commenting.

4. Guilty for not posting pictures of swap packages quickly enough. (Hi Maria and Millie! We got your mini-swap package a couple of weeks ago. I've wanted to post it, but for some reason haven't done it yet! We loved everything! Will post soon!)

5. Guilty for sitting around and doing nothing, because they should be making something, you know, for the blog.

6. Guilty for __(you fill in the blank)__.

If you feel you are qualified for this award, go ahead, steal the button and nominate yourself. Make sure to let us know why you are deserving. :)

20 comments:

Megan said...

This is too funny, you crack me up! Fabulous idea!

Eren said...

Brilliant! I am nominating myself today...do you think I will win? He, he...

Leslie said...

Boy, can I relate to that award. What a great idea....Although I am feeling guilty at the moment for not nominating myself :)

Ali said...

Hysterical! I'm nominating myself right this moment.

lera said...

That's funny. I am guilty as charged, too.

knittingiris said...

You are guilty of being very funny and clever now, too!

lindiepindie said...

Maybe we can start the "I never win anything" blog awards because seriously, I never win anything. Hey - I don't think you'll qualify for that one because haven't you won fabric or something?

I'm guilty. Guilty of not responding to comments, not entering contests, and guilty of never winning anything. :o)

Kathy said...

LOVE IT! I'll nominate myself as well. Thanks!

keri said...

Funny! I am so there with you!

Chara Michele said...

Way too funny! I can totally relate though:)

Erin said...

You are absolutely Brilliant. I was killing myself laughing reading this post. I too am so guilty...I am going to nominate myself and post about it tomorrow on my blog! Thanks for a good laugh:o)

Cathy said...

I would certainly qualify for this award!

The Calico Cat said...

I nominated myself today...

Melissa said...

I love that award. I'm with you on feeling jealous of those nominated for awards and mine never does.

Today, I'm nominating myself for your award!

beki said...

Oh man, am I ever deserving of this one!!

Mirre said...

Congratulations on your award ;))
*and I definitely know what you mean!*

SilverLining Designs said...

Guilty!

kathy said...

Very funny! I qualify on all criteria. I thought I better make a comment just to make myself feel a bit better. Of course, I'll go back to feeling guilty as I read the next set of blogs and don't leave any comments...

love.boxes said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I hope that everyone is getting one of these awards. I don't want to be singled out on this deal. :)

Iris said...

This is so funny - and I think I will definitely have to nominate myself. ;-)