Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Fresh Start


So I'm posting a picture of some pretty fabric--Heather Bailey's Freshcut--I just received from Z and S Fabrics. Man, are they fast!!! And nicely priced too! And they wrapped everything up so nicely. I don't normally make plugs for businesses, but this one is too good to keep to myself. And though I am DYING to dive into the two projects I have in mind for this fabric, I have to hold off for a little bit, since I have some other stuff going on. One of which is to stop feeling so disgusted with myself for the disgusting state of my house. I've been feeling so disorganized lately, and I can't ever seem to find what I'm looking for. It's time to get my act together. Gah! I used to be a librarian, but you'd never know it if you looked in my closets. And I won't be posting any pictures--before ones, anyway.

So February is organize-my-stuff month. Good thing it's a short month, 'cuz I'd rather be doing a ton of other things. But if I don't do it....well, you know the rest of the sentence.

Here's a picture of Special K--I just saw it again on my flickr page and realized I never blogged it.

20 comments:

shizzknits said...

Awwww he's so sweet! :)

I love that fabric, too. I just bought a butt load of fabric and can't even start sewing till I clean up my VERY messy desk. :( My house is messier than yours. I'm certain of that! LOL

Angel Jem said...

Love the picture of Special K... and the fabric looks lovely... think I'm off to craft now.

Dawn said...

Who can resist that face???
Nice stack of fabrics...appreciate the link..

Stacy said...

So sorry about the drama. And, that fabric stack certainly looks inspirational. Can't wait to see what becomes of it.

lera said...

WOW! The fabric came with a pretty bow? That's my kind of place!

What a cute little photo of your little man. Very sweet!

Katie said...

What a precious wee tot! Hee. I sound Scottish or something. He is adorable, and I like the applique shirt!

keri said...

The fabric is lovely!

beki said...

Special K, so cute!!
Don't you love how they package their fabric? Last time I ordered I kept mine all tied up for a while, just so that I could look at it ;-)

Heather said...

He's so cute, I love that picture!

I've been wanting to buy some of that fabric, thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that shop before and the prices are great.

Heather said...

Oh, and I recognize the fabric they tied it with, that's Moda Poetry collection I'm making my quilt out of! Gorgeous.

ruth said...

That's an awesome photo of Special K! The fabric looks very inspiring.

Cathy said...

Awwww.. that is the sweetest special K!
Thanks for the fabric store tip! I just ordered from someone whose prices were a bit higher. Good luck with the organization... I need to do a bit of that myself.

African Kelli said...

Glad you've found a fresh start and I'm glad you are feeling better. No need to defend yourself in my book! :)

Shanna said...

i love Z&S fabrics! i kept the fabric bow and hung it around the neck of my mannequin. now she's pretty! the prices are amazing too! and who can be how perfectly the fabric is cut!! definately not like joanns!!

erin said...

Nice stash. I love how they tied the fabric with a bow. I will definitely check out the link. What a sweet picture of your son. Did you make the shirt?

Lindsey said...

What a sweet smile from a sweet boy! Thanks for the fabric link :)

joyce said...

what a cutie!
i too need to organize my disorganized stuff!

amandajean said...

oh, he is so sweet!! what a precious grin on his little face.

I just ordered some heather bailey fabric but not sure what to do with it!!! (so I am looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve)
hope you organinzing goes well!

Eren said...

wonderful fabric! And so girlie...I love it. And such a sweet boy...my guys would love a shirt with FLAMES!!!

Blessings!

Mirre said...

Aaaaah, so jealous of your new fabrics!!
*love Special K*