Sunday, January 21, 2007

Swap Happy




The last time I joined a swap was the blockswap hosted by Jessica of Seedpod Books and Art. I received some gorgeous quilt blocks. The only trouble is that the colors, even though I love, love, love them, don't match any room in my house. I'm being realistic here by saying that I'm probably not going to turn them into a quilt. So instead of having the blocks languish in my fabric pile, I've decided to use them when I get the chance. I turned this one into the pocket of an apron. Isn't it a pretty block? This one was made by Stephanie from Portland, OR. Hi Stephanie! Do you still read my blog? Do you have one yet? Leave me a comment, 'K?
Two other things I'm working on:

We've been paired with Maria's daughter Milly. Maria's website is one hour craft. Funny, because I've gone to visit her website loads of times--and then to be partnered with the mastermind herself is pretty cool. I'm having fun sewing for a little girl!! :)

AND

the In-Stitches sew along hosted by African Kelli and Finny, with a flickr group here. Come join us!

21 comments:

rebecca said...

cute apron! i'm not sure if stephanie checks in on your blog or not, but she's a friend of mine so i'll be sure to send her over this way!!

Stephanie said...

Hi, Joanna,
Rebecca sent me an email to check your blog and I'm glad I did. Your apron is adorable. My blocks are still in a stack in an envelope, somewhere. At first I was going to make a lap quilt, then a table runner, and now I'm back to brainstorming again. Sigh.

I promise to check-in more often, btw! You are so inspiring.

Karyn said...

What a wonderful apron!!! It was sure a great idea using the block as a pocket. I love it!

Ali said...

It IS a pretty block and it makes a lovely apron.

kirsten said...

love it.

Cathy said...

Cute! That is a very good use of a block, very creative.

caitlyn said...

Gorgeous apron!

lera said...

that's a fabulous apron!

Dana said...

Wow! I love the apron! Maybe I'll get my blocks out tomorrow and start playing. When I received them, I looked at them lovingly then put them away. It's time to bring them out. You did a wonderful job.

African Kelli said...

Love that apron! Smart idea for using what you've got. Nice work.

keri said...

Love the cute apron, what a great way to get creative with a small block. The colors are very pretty also!

Alicia A. said...

Cute, cute, and you look good in it...

Soo said...

what a fun apron! looks great!

Amy Green said...

Great apron! I have only done one swap but would love to do more, I will check your blog to see what develops!

Amy said...

My blocks are still in my sewing "to do" pile. I couldn't decide on a quilt design that didn't require me to make a bunch more blocks. I love your idea of making something besides a quilt. I'm going to start thinking in that direction. Thanks!

Mirre said...

What a beautiful apron and it looks wonderful on you too!

Lora said...

What a great Apron!! Great use for quilt squares!!

erin said...

Love the apron, great colour combo. This is my first time participating in the mini-swap, can't wait to see what everyone makes! Cheers.

BTW...when you leave comments on my blog I have tried to reply, but it always gets sent back? Hmm?

Lindsey said...

What a cute apron :)

FinnyKnits said...

ORANGE? Why I LOVE orange! Super hot, girl - you are looking good. Even if it doesn't match your house ;)

littlemissmeshell said...

Ohhhh tres cute! Wonderful =)