Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thank you, friends!


Got some more goodies in the mail. Thank you Beki for the adorable appliqued bib and onesie. So sweet! Mikey just started eating solid food this week, so the bib came just in time. Actually, who am I fooling? He's been wearing bibs for a while now, since he is the world's most drooly baby. I love the get-up Beki! Thanks so much!



And Lera sent me this soap she MADE!!! Not the melt-in-the microwave glycerine kind. The kind they made in the olden days with lye. Am I right, Lera? It so lush-like. And smells yummy. Good thing it has "Do Not Eat" on the label, because it smells very edible. Hope my kids don't say any naughty words or I might actually make them eat it. (It's a joke. My kids are very pure and would never say anything naughty!) And did you see the little ornament that she sent me too? The little snowman is so simple and rustic. I love it, Lera! And speaking of Lera--she made the cutest little baby shoes.

And speaking of baby shoes, any one who uses my pattern and lets me know about it will be my new BFF. So there! Check out the new ones on the flickr group. Especially these. She made them with silk brocade. Aren't they so very Petunia Picklebottom? I need to make some diaper bags out of silk brocade and sell them for $150. Do you think anyone would buy them?

One more thing--thank you for those of you who comment. I honestly don't know why you do--I've been so bad about commenting back lately. I'm really trying to just keep my head above water here, with hubby being out of town, and trying to just maintain my sanity some days. I can totally relate to this post and this post on the frustrations of being a mom. I think I really need a vacation.....

12 comments:

kirsten said...

ahhhh.... a vacation...... now that would be great!
happy thoughts!

lera said...

Beki's elephants on the onesie and bib are just adorable.

I'm happy that you are pleased with your soap and snowman. And, trust me, the soap does not taste as good as it smells!!! Don't ask how I know. :-) (Oh, and YES, it is made with lye!)

Cathy said...

I thought I recognized those elephants! Beki's gift is very cute.

I could use a vacation. A long vacation, far away from everything.

African Kelli said...

Sounds like you are getting a big hug from the crafting community. :)

kimberly said...

You deserve everything!!
Can I go with you on vacation?? Pretty please?

keri said...

*sigh* a vacation sounds wonderful right about now!

Ruth said...

The bibs are very cute. Don't feel you need to apologise for having a life outside of blogging. :) I hope you get a nice long vacation soon.

amandajean said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so wanting to try your cloth shoe pattern...have been wanting to for weeks now. Someday, when the baby is over her cold and teething issues and if I am feeling good and if the boys are playing well togehter...and then if I am still awake...I hope to try them. (I finally have all the supplies.)
Now, that vacation idea sounds great! I wish!!!

angela said...

Did someone say vacation? Yes, please.
The gifts are so lovely.
I can complete relate (as you know from all my blathering) and I only have one child, so sweet mama-I can't imagine the work it takes to care for 3! give yourself a break, however you can get one and I hope the hubby comes home soon.
Thinking of you. ;)

Dana said...

oooooh! Another Lush fan!

Roxanne said...

I agree a vacation sounds great! I stay at home with my little one too, and sadly a trip to the grocery store alone sometimes feels like a vacation. I have to also say a double amen to your previous blog. There are so many people we know that drive brand new cars and live in brand new houses, etc. and we know they don't make any more money than us...its just sad that some people base their identity and selfworth on stuff. So, thanks, its nice to know we are not alone.

krommama said...

Can I be your BFF? ha! I finally used your tutorial and made two pairs of cloth shoes for baby. I put them in flickr. Thanks again for your offer to send me some bonded fleece - very kind indeed.