Friday, November 17, 2006

No Whiplash

I've never entered a whiplash competition, have you? Finally this month I thought I'd give it a try, but then the "alternative materials with traditional techniques thing" threw me off a little. Then I thought of something I'd made that would actually fit the theme. This cute little old lady bag I knit using lace I found in my church basement last year. It knit up really quickly and I also knit in a strand of fake pearls. It's so cute and dainty (and so not-me). I've only used it once. I'm really a jeans and sweatshirt type of girl. And when I dress up, I wear a dressy shirt, but somehow still wind up wearing jeans on the bottom.

Unfortunately, I can't enter this in the whiplash competition. I didn't make it in the last 2 weeks. I made it over a year ago. I was thinking maybe I could pretend that I'd just made it, but I already blogged about it. I cannot tell a lie. Oh well. Maybe next month? Maybe not....

I'll be inundated with houseguests for the next week or so, so I'll be lucky if I can sneak off to craft or catch up with my blog peeps. I'm feeling the withdrawals already. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

p.s. Dana of Deep Run Days and Cindi of Cindi's Sewing have both made cloth shoes using the tut. Hee hee. I'm so tickled. If you've made any, please let me know so I can go have a look. :)

12 comments:

capello said...

ooo... pearls in a bag. good one. (and totally not my style either)

ah, yes. the holiday rust. i should really clone myself and take a nap.

kirsten said...

i actually made that mistake with whiplash last month - i had made the project like 3 days before the start of the month so it didn't count.
whatever!
cute bag, though!

Jean said...

Your bag is great! In todays world it could go with anything. If you can carry a huge sequin bag (I see people with them every day) for every day, why not a knitted lace and pearl bag?

rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I tried to email you and it came back to me...? Anyway don't let whiplash, give you a whiplash! Not worth it, but I still like the effort.

Dana said...

I love the bag! My sister has made your shoes also for her 18 month old boy. She's addicted too! I'm delivering my gifts tomorrow. I hope they are as thrilled as I am. Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your guests.

lindiepindie said...

You and me are on the same wavelength. I also thought I should participate in Whiplash, but then saw the theme and went, uh oh, I can't do that one. Maybe next time, huh?

Mirre said...

What a pretty bag!!
I'm sure you would have won ;))

Cathy said...

That is a great bag! Not my style either but I love that you made it with such unusual materials. Whiplash would be lucky to get a submission from you!

keri said...

I love the mix of textiles you used to make the bag, it's so pretty.

Dawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours this day!!!!!!!

Wendy said...

What a fantastic bag. You will have to knit another to enter because you are so honest.I agree with mirre I'm sure it was a winner.

tamdoll said...

That's a great bag - was it hard to do? I've set aside dozens of bags to start a project like that but think it'll be too tough on my hands to knit with the stuff.