Sunday, November 05, 2006


I love getting packages! Especially the kind that contain fabric. Lookie what I received from Carol of Celadon Cupcake. Some fun fabric and a couple of goodies. The green strip on the top is a headband she made that I wore around all day yesterday, but unfortunately at the time of the photoshoot today my hair wasn't photo-worthy! Sorry. Maybe I'll have to model it some other time. And look at this cute apron cozy for my dish soap.

I'd never really paid attention before, but, yes, my dish soap container is actually shaped like a human body--sans arms and legs. I love it, Carol! Thanks so much! :) I already know what I'm going to make with that orange floral fabric: an apron! I've never made an apron before, but now I know I have to. Can't have my dish soap outshining me in the kitchen.

On Saturday we went to a birthday party for a little friend who turned seven. I made her this tote bag and we filled it up with goodies.


One of the goodies was a Junie B. Jones book that we read before we wrapped it up. What a riot. It was one where Junie B.'s school has a carnival with a coin toss, a cake walk, a putting tee, etc. Of course after we finished the book we had to reenact all the carnival activities. It was a perfect way to spend a rainy Friday afternoon.

22 comments:

rebecca said...

How cute, I have seen those little aprons before, not for a while, but they do liven up an otherwise staple of the kitchen!

My daughter, who is 8 loves the Junie B. Jones books. And she did when she was 7 too. Great gift idea.

Angelika said...

My son thought one time he liked the books, read one, ordered a whole set and ended up exchanging them in school later. What a nice way to "wrap" the presents. Isn't it time for my birthday soon? ;o)

beki said...

Cute, cute stuff! Seeing that fabric makes me want to do some fabric shopping, but I'm restraining myself. Yes, packages in the mail *are* fun.
Your post makes me think that I really should spend some time making totes for gifts. That would be the perfect way to use of my fabric, so that I could buy more!

keri said...

What a cute little soap apron and fun fabric. I can't wait to see what you do with an apron, I've been wanting to make one but haven't found the inspiration yet. Inspire me =) =)

lera said...

cute tote.

that orange, floral fabric is to die for. can't wait to see your apron.

Melissa said...

Love the fabric and definitely an apron is in order for you! If you need help in making a pattern for an apron, check out my blog under tutorials because I did one for my kid aprons that is easy to follow with photos. Enjoy!

capello said...

that apron for the dishsoap is both really cute and hilarious.

and oooo... new fabrics! can't wait to see your apron!

African Kelli said...

Fantastic bag! Love that fabric. And yes, small packages full of fabric are the best!!

Carol said...

yay, can't wait to see you orange floral apron! :)

Angelika said...

Can't find your email address. I know you left it one of my comments. Sniff. I wanted to send you a picture of my knitting machine. gelimouse at hotmail dot com

kimberly said...

Oh I love that little apron. What a fun little gift. I also love to "wrap" presents in my own sewn bag-great fabric!

Kristy said...

I just popped over following a link from Beki!I love your blog and the shoe tutorial!

Wendy said...

Those fabrics are lovely and much nicer for your washing up liquid to proudly wear an apron than a boring label.

Wendy said...

ps. I also love that tote bag. What a lovely gift.

Karyn said...

That tote bag is so cute!

joyce said...

great fabric (can't wait to see what you make w/ it), cute apron and cute bag!

Cathy said...

Sweet soap apron! I love the numbers bag, it was a great gift idea.

Leanne said...

Junie B is a HUGE hit at our house! We love those books!!! Two things about this post: why is it that dishsoap is shaped much like a woman's body and not a man's? and that bag is too cute! I wish Alexander Henry still made that print -- perfect for making growth charts with!

Becka said...

the dishsoap apron is awesome, so cute and what a good idea

estea said...

oh My - how cut is that dishsoap lady!

and I covet the bag.

great blog, great stuff :)

Marietta said...

found you through whip-up...really love the baby shoes, i'm due this spring and intend to make lots - thank you for the pattern and tutorial, well done..really like your page, look forward to more

dhw said...

That bag is absolutely gorgeous! Would you please put together a tutorial about how to make those tote bags so that the rest of us can give it a try too? Thanks!