Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween


Happy halloween! It sure was fun, but man, am I glad it's over. Enough already with the "Is it halloween yet, mommy? How many days until halloween????" Although I guess it won't really be over until all the candy is all eaten up--sometime in mid-February?

The boys wanted to dress up as cars this year. More specifically, Davey wanted to go as his most recent hotwheels acquisition: Shapeshifter. And Keith wanted to be Sally from the movie Cars. Here they are. They don't look like they're there, but really they're hiding inside those boxes. For some reason, they didn't want their pictures taken that day, and everytime I aimed the camera at them, they ducked down inside.

I took this picture before their costumes were complete. I attached fabric shoulder straps (Barney style), so that they didn't have to carry the boxes with their hands. The boys' verdict: Yay, these costumes are the coolest things ever. Mom and Dad's verdict: Way too boxy! Caused too many traffic jams in the hallway at dad's work. Dad got tired of carrying Keith's. Nix.

Oh, by the way, did you think you were finally going to read a shoe-free post? Guess again! Ha ha! I've been making knock-off's for my baby. You've already seen the uggs:

Here are the crocs:

Here are the Keens:

I've pretty much hit shoe overload and am starting to feel a wee bit one-dimensional. I promise to branch out to other things soon. Really!

17 comments:

Dawn said...

I love the shoes...I never tire of seeing the latest creations.
That rodent on the pumpkin sort of creeped me out.
:-(
ewwwww!
Cute little box cars...

Cathy said...

Cute cars! They both have good taste in costumes.

And keep the shoes coming. They are so cute, I will not get tired of seeing them.

Ali said...

Baby crocs! Love it!

The box cars will be fun for much longer than your average halloween outfit I'm sure. I quite fancy a drive myself.

kirsten said...

the crocs! so cute. and the costumes are great.

keri said...

The shoes are soo cute, and I laughed really hard at the "crocs," those are some stylish baby shoes.

Cute costumes, I can see where it would get old but think of the recycling value =)

joyce said...

great costumes and great shoes!
i hid the candy from my son this morning. hopefully he doesn't ask for it. i put coloring books out to distract him =)

Angelika said...

Talking about recycling and being creative with it. I bet making those cars was a lot more fun than buying a costume at the store and they were original too.

rebecca said...

I love the boys costumes! And I am glad Halloween is over, and the new question...."When is it Christmas?"

I don't tire of seeing your shoes. Really good, GREAT, job on those. Love the keens especially, but being the proud owner of both crocs and keens, I am not being impartial.

beki said...

Cuteness all around! Such a clever idea for the costumes.

capello said...

the crocs are HILARIOUS.

the cars are cute! but i could see how they'd cause a traffic jam in hallways (traffic jam -- get it? get it? i'm *so* funny today)

Wendy said...

Great shoes and great cars. Such a clever Mum.

Lindsey said...

Don't stop posting about shoes - they are fantasic :)

My boys would love those car boxes. Our spare boxes have become houses which my eldest wants to sleep in! Boys eh?

Erin said...

I'm just lovin' these shoes. Great costumes too.

Nel said...

You have the best dressed and most co-ordinated little boy around...he's very lucky! (and very cute!) Nel

shiso mama said...

i love the shoes. i think i prefer your crocs to the real thing.

Leanne said...

I am SOOOOO glad you came over from Winking (thanks Erin, btw!!!). I LOVE the shoe story in your sidebar, and honestly? This is going to be a favorite place for me to come now! I adore baby shoes, and I saw there is a tut farther down for them. Can I just say THANK YOU!!!! I've been looking for a pattern so I can make some just like these for my littlest one! OK, off to read your other fabulous posts. Not only do you have a gift for shoes, you write amazingly well and it's going to be such fun poking around here!

kimberly said...

You are so funny. I love your headless cars. Great idea!
I don't mind the shoe overload-you're onto a good thing.