Sunday, October 08, 2006

Goodies


Not sure where last week went, but I was a little bit obsessed by crafting something--so much so that I didn't keep up with my blogging buddies, and I couldn't fall asleep for 2 nights in a row I was so excited about it. Do you ever get like that? That doesn't happen to me very often. I'm not quite ready to post pictures yet, because I'm still working on it, but maybe later in the week. In the meantime, I'm going to try to catch up with everybody tonight sometime between putting the boys to bed and watching my show.

I was surprised by a wonderful swap package from Joyce of Slateblu a few days ago. I made Joyce a baby sling (for her cutie pie, Ava), and she generously sent me the Amy Butler book, In Stitches, that I've been eyeing for a while now. Thank you so much, Joyce--it has so many neat projects in it that I can't wait to try!

I had to show you her gorgeous handwriting. I love to see people's handwriting. Not that I'm a penmanshipologist, or anything, but I can tell you just from looking at it that aside from being generous, she is also very creative and artistic. Oh, I guess I knew that from her blog anyway (smirk).


And thanks to Randi, here's a new ironing board cover I made for myself using leftover sling fabric. I didn't realize I needed one until I saw her tutorial, and then suddenly I couldn't live another minute without one. Thanks Randi! And by the way, no, I don't usually do my ironing outside. It's one of those overcast, drizzly Seattle days where there is hardly any natural light in the house.

11 comments:

Ali said...

Lucky you - I am coveting that book.

kirsten said...

you don't USUALLY do your ironing outside? :)

Ruth said...

Her hand writing was the first thing I noticed in the picture. Love the ironing board cover and I can't wait to see the project that got you so excited.

beki said...

Wow, what interesting handwriting! I would have blogged about that too ;-)

I know what you mean about having vrafting on the brain. I get like that at times. In fact, I'm kind of there now. I haven't sewn anything in so long I'm starting to get shakey!

rebecca said...

Yeah, that is interesting handwriting! Creative and almost has a halloween feel to it. Enjoy the book!

RANDI said...

Your board cover came out so cute! Who knows, maybe doing the ironing outside on the lawn would help me to enjoy it more!?!

joyce said...

glad you like the book! before the 2nd baby i would stay up late and knit or sew but i've been so tired that i try to sleep by 11:00pm now!--though i know when the little one gets bigger i'll probably be staying up late again...there's so many new knitting projects i want to do!

capello said...

oh man. now you're starting to be secretive like me. i don't like secrets! wah!

she has *lovely* handwriting. puts me to shame.

pretty ironing board cover. i'll be adding that to my list of to-do's as well. sigh.

Cathy said...

I'll be adding the ironing board cover to my list as well... and enough with secrets, people! Give me details! And I wish I had that book, it was a very generous gift.

melissa said...

My sister was visiting yesterday and we were discussing Christmas gifts. I'm making her two younger girls pillowcases this year and I was showing her in that book the 3 things I was going to make her college bound daughter for Christmas. Once she saw the bedside caddy she said forget her oldest and make one for each of her other girls because she's sick of looking at what's hiding under their pillows/

keri said...

What a beautiful ironing board cover and what a sweet and thoughtful friend. I've been eyeing that book for a long time.